1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
An apparent Ford notice to dealers:

INFORMATION
All-New White Space Vehicle Name Reveal Broadcast

ACTION REQUESTED
Have your team view the June 2 broadcast to understand the plan for revealing the name of an innovative, all-new ’22 model year Ford Motor Company vehicle.

SUMMARY
Something Unexpected Is Coming.

Please Tune In For A Special Dealer Broadcast On June 2nd To Hear About An All-New White Space Vehicle Coming For Ford Motor Company!

Check back here on June 2 to view the broadcast.

Stay tuned for additional information regarding the subsequent product reveal later in June.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,961 Posts

INFORMATION

ACTION REQUESTED
Have your team view the June 2 broadcast to understand the plan for revealing the name of an innovative, all-new ’22 model year Ford Motor Company vehicle.

SUMMARY

Please Tune In For A Special Dealer Broadcast On June 2nd To Hear About An All-New White Space Vehicle Coming For Ford Motor Company!

Stay tuned for additional information regarding the subsequent product reveal later in June.
It's getting closer... YAY !!! :)

·
Registered
3,095 Posts

INFORMATION

ACTION REQUESTED

SUMMARY

Is it something unexpectedly expected?..

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Man, I still think about the current Blazer's (I still don't associate the name Blazer with that vehicle) debut...what a load of :poop: that was......

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The Blazer is not a bad looking vehicle, although it's incredibly late to the market and will likely be a one-generation product with the transition to EVs taking over the crossover space. Maybe at that point they'll move the name to an off-roader. Chevy could use fewer commodities and more icons. They definitely need an "icon czar" so to speak, something Ford has. I mean Blazer and TrailBlazer slapped on some conventional vehicles is pretty old school and short-sighted GM thinking. Although to be fair, Ford did put Mustang on a Crossover for the same marketing reasons...although it's not conventional and it's not the only Mustang.

Maverick is not specifically a Ridgeline competitor, it's a compact truck and Ridgeline is midsize. I'm sure there will be some crossover customers there, but the Maverick is pretty different from a size, cost, and lifestyle perspective. Hopefully it cracks up a new segment, it's certainly way more functional than Santa Cruz.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Maverick Debut set for June 8th!

Just to give you a little preview.

Expect a 1.5L I3, 2.0L I4, 2.5L Hybrid. FWD and AWD.

There should be an XL, XLT, and Lariat trim. Although it's weird the debut vehicle in these photos is an XLT.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some updated info, looks like 2.0L EB and 2.5L Hybrid are the only engines. The Hybrid is FWD only. Not sure which engine is standard at this point.

·
Premium Member
34,623 Posts
Maverick Debut set for June 8th!

Just to give you a little preview.

Expect a 1.5L I3, 2.0L I4, 2.5L Hybrid. FWD and AWD.

There should be an XL, XLT, and Lariat trim. Although it's weird the debut vehicle in these photos is an XLT.

View attachment 63802

View attachment 63803
View attachment 63804
This is so inclusive, I am so impressed by Ford marketing.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts
Now I know why they had Gabrielle Union in the Maverick...they needed a pretty face to draw attention away from that ugly ass face on the truck.

·
Registered
20,857 Posts
Now I know why they had Gabrielle Union in the Maverick...they needed a pretty face to draw attention away from that ugly ass face on the truck.
No worries, you'll be driving from behind..................

"Home Run"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts