GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Queue the usual drivel: "Gas is $4/gal and they bring out a new muscle car instead of a Fiesta hybrid!?! Ford is doomed!"

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Queue the usual drivel: "Gas is $4/gal and they bring out a new muscle car instead of a Fiesta hybrid!?! Ford is doomed!"
Where is the Aveo Hybrid? o thats right GM decided to bring out Big SUV mild Hybrids. Who is failing now?!

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Where is the Aveo Hybrid? o thats right GM decided to bring out Big SUV mild Hybrids. Who is failing now?!
First off, the 2-mode hybrids are "full" hybrids. Secondly, read what I wrote again. It was meant to be a mocking of all the detractors.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Will be exciting to finally have a modern trifecta of American Muscle in the marketplace :yup:

·
Registered
928 Posts
I hope it looks good. I wonder when the 05-09' production ends at Flatrock MI?

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
^If I remember right the 2010 model starts production by late Jan or February so I think maybe Dec

·
Registered
928 Posts
Does anyone know if any of the DSG's are going into the next Mustang.
Prob not at launch, just 6 speed autos and Manuals... im sure once Ford of NA and Ford of Europe are more commonly connected, the tech from there will be more readily avalible for use in the NA market. I really think if the Mustang is lighter than the other two muscle cars, then a dsg can be introduced later than sooner

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
K-1:

Remember FORD never forgot the Mustang. Since it's release in 1964 (1965 model) there has always been a Mustang one could buy. About the $4.00 a gallon gas, we have been paying it for a while now, and the "Sky has not fallen!" Forget the Doom and Gloom, work harder, while some of us will buy a HYBRID, some are awaiting for another generation, that costs less of a premium, and will not require costly battery replacement within a definite number of years.

FORD, of all USA manufacturer's has the ability to make it! While I am typing this I am also looking at a test drive of the Lincoln MKS on Motorweek. Soon a high output V6 will be added, the MKS is already selling very well, outselling the Lexus ES, Mercedes Benz C, and quite a few Audi models.

:drive:

·
Banned
1,436 Posts
Current stang gets 25mpg.
I bet next stang does better.

Then, in the future they will offer their better V6 for much better fuel economy.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
First off, the 2-mode hybrids are "full" hybrids. Secondly, read what I wrote again. It was meant to be a mocking of all the detractors.
Thank you.
Where is the 37mpg Focus?
Where are the Ford-designed Hybrid cars or trucks?

Ugh..Ive been hearing about the Mustang FOREVER and it still not out yet! Still a 300hp V8, making same power and getting worse fuel economy then the Camaro's V6!!!
Oh wait..yeah thats right, the mystical magical 5.0 engine that will make 400hp. Im holding my breath as I speak.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Yeah, but the Camaro of 2002 still out performs the CURRENT Mustang.
Think of it as GM just giving Ford more time to be #2 again.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
^ well and looks like #2 outlived the Camaro and will see the Camaro go back to hiatus back in 4 to 5 years

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hate to the know-it-all above this that camaro's 6.2 gets 412 hp. The 2010 Mustang gets a 5.0 that gets around 400...I wonder who will have the more mpg.

P.S. The mustang will also get a 2.5 EB, 3.5 EB, 5.0 EB. 5 engines beat that GM.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts