GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else think its was a waste for money for ford to advertise for the GT during the superbowl? i mean,most of the people that can afford one were playing the game.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Feb 2 2004, 04:20 PM
It's no different from GM playing the SSR commercial.
The SSR is probably GM's lowest volume seller.
since it is a Niche car... Id home thast its the lowest selling car. The SSR is more down to earth then a 150k super car.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
The GT ad is great. Ford is using the Halo effect of the GT, even the tag line of
A PACE CAR FOR A COMPANY is a good fit. If you missed the ad go to Ford's website there is both a 30 second and 60 second version.
I was surprised Ford did not have a Mustang ad. Yes the car is not going to be for sale til the fall.

The SSR ad was very good as were the Caddilac ads. The SRX ad breaking the sound barrier managed to get attention at the party I was at. People thought the sound on the TV wasn't working. Although the waves in the other Caddy ads didn't seem to be required or rather took away from looking at the actual car.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
HA! there's a commercial in canada like that Lemonmalibuowner1997.....it's a beer commercial and it might be stupid but there's girls who keeps asking a guy if he knows "joe from canada who lives in Canada who works in an office building"...I know it's totally off topic ...but..yeah...funny stuff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts