·
Registered
19,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ford Gets A New Title: The 'Most Horrifying Carmaker'
October 21, 2021
Rachit Vats

Tire Plant Vehicle Wheel Grille

Ford Motor Co’s (NYSE: F) has topped the "most horrifying carmakers" list compiled by Bristol Street Motors.
The automaker's best-selling full-size pickup truck F-150 and its peers have been named among some of the spookiest vehicles of all time based on their appearances in horror films by the United Kingdom-based auto retailer.

The retailer surveyed nearly 700 car models to find the Dearborn, Michigan-based Ford is indeed the scariest automaker. Ford vehicles have made 113 appearances across 50 horror films. Its F-Series lineup alone has been seen in 13 appearances in all of those films, which led to it being dubbed "officially the spookiest car model" in the survey.

General Motors Co’s (NYSE: GM) Chevys are next on the list with 64 appearances.

Ford is historically known to have more successful product placement in films than any other brand. A Concave Brand tracking survey last year said the automaker appeared in 73 of the top 100 movies at the U.S. box office, much more than any other brand in 2019.

more at link

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Tesla spooks me out

Runaway car on autopilot?

Tesla have had some pretty scary accidents on autopilot, and drivers have been hell fire Tesla tomb when doors locks never opened burned the guy got burned to death, to many horrific Tesla catching fire video out there to gruesome to post hard to watch.

A Tesla needed 20,000 gallons of water to put a fire out, gasoline car fires use between 500-1,000 gallons. Tesla contribution to global warming must be massive when they catch fire.

Always wondered how will big electric powered big SUV's Tesla cyber truck , 4x4 pick-ups like the Ford lightning electric pic-up battery packs cope with off-road things like water crossings?

Reactions: Ed753 and BlackGTP

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I almost didn't post this, but how often can anyone post a Halloween car thread? :D

My Favorite Halloween/scary movie is Poltergeist
Favorite cheesy Halloween movie is House on Haunted Hill (1999 version)

Other greats (both good and cheesy) - The Shining, Thirteen Ghosts....
What about the black 'Cuda in Phantasm!

Vehicle Car Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
The truck would had gived a run for its money to the old Peterbuilt from Duel.

And let's not forget The Car and Christine.
Just watched Duel recently great film. Love how the Spielberg purposely picked a Plymouth that was under powered, from what I remember reading, to really build up that suspense.

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Tesla spooks me out
Runaway car on autopilot?

Tesla have had some pretty scary accidents on autopilot, and drivers have been hell fire Tesla tomb when doors locks never opened burned the guy got burned to death, to many horrific Tesla catching fire video out there to gruesome to post hard to watch.

A Tesla needed 20,000 gallons of water to put a fire out, gasoline car fires use between 500-1,000 gallons. Tesla contribution to global warming must be massive when they catch fire.

Always wondered how will big electric powered big SUV's Tesla cyber truck , 4x4 pick-ups like the Ford lightning electric pic-up battery packs cope with off-road things like water crossings?

So here's a couple stats for you .....

147,959 people in the USA died in a car accident since 2016 ...
209 people around the GLOBE died in a Tesla since 2016 ...That's less than 0.1% of the deaths in the USA.
0.1% of the deaths, 1.5% market share.

Seems pretty tilted on the side of safety to me.

As for doors -- there are manual releases for Tesla doors - just like anyone else. Any accident, in any car, there can be (and are, sadly) situations where the door is damaged beyond operability. That's why it's a good idea to have a safety hammer in the car. Any car.

Water, yes, no question - lots of water. But the thing is, Li-Ion fires are not sudden, it takes many minutes to ignite and once cooling starts, will be safe to approach. As opposed to a volatile gasoline spill?

As for driving in water --

It's an /incredibly/ safe vehicle, but different. It's different than what we're used to, and that alone makes it scary. Totally get that. But once you 'peel the onion' you'll see how just much sense EVs make.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts