Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Best quote yet!

vanshmack said:
Of course, had this been the Chevy Cobalt, you would've made some off-handed comment about the car being boring AND dangerous. Once again, you've proven, as you do 98% of the time, that you're incapable of providing any sort of meaningful contribution to this forum. It's a shame, because you actually seem somewhat intelligent.

You need to stick with cranking out derivative and unimaginative PhotoChops and leave the real issues to people NOT wearing blue-tinged sunglasses.
You were right on the money Vanshmack!

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
THUNDER-X said:
Sorry man but I believe LW makes both make great contributions and compelling arguments on a regular basis at this site. I read and enjoy his posts all the time. He usually just lays it out straight according how he feels. Take it, or leave it.

Yes, I believe you do have a problem with others points of view. If not; Why do you become fixated on destroying a member’s credibility when they posted something you don't agree with? Is it to prove your credibility is more significant? It's not working. I think you are taking things way to personally.

I Like LW's photo-chops. You can't deny he's got some major talent and has contributed to this site more than most people.

To me it seems like you main contribution to this site is a mission to prove how bogus people's credibility is, by using personal attacks and cheaply devolped insults. This is annoying and makes you seem insecure.

Now I'm sure this post will leave you franticly scanning and searching back through my existing posts, so that you can then find a way to prove how insignificant me and this post of mine is. Feel free.
Since I'm gainfully employed, I don't have time or really care to review anything you've posted. To be more blunt, you just don't matter that much.

As for LW's "credibility," he's never had much credibility here in the first place. There really isn't much for me to destroy. And nowhere have I personally attacked your boy, LW. I merely voiced my opinion about his body of work here...his posts and his PhotoChops.

Bottom line is, your "credibility" here is determined by your body work. Buick61 has credibility. FoMoCoFan has credibility. While I don't usually agree with SUPERBADD75 or awalbert88, they have credibility. In fact, I don't always agree with any of the folks listed above, but I do respect them because they always have something compelling to say and don't regurgitate the same trash over and over that your pal LW does.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
vanshmack said:
Well, I'm sure O.J. Simpson would tell you he's NOT a double-murder if you asked him, too.
bwhahaha! That was good...

Agreed. If title read, "..Cobalt is a eath trap at any speed.." LW would have passed out from pure joy.

The Focus is now ugly and a non-player in the compact car market. I have only seen a handful on the road, compared to the numbers of older ones. I see more SVT Foci on the road then the new Focus.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
impala02 said:
I'm assuming the rollover safety test is supposed to represent an emergency maneuver. Say you're driving along doing 50 and a deer jumps out in front of you, natural instinct is to swerve and avoid the deer. If all the vehicles are tested this way, then they are on a level playing field.
About the Civic..the side airbags don't come standard.

actually, the article says....

the stupid article said:
The ratings consider the vehicle's height and weight and its performance in a 35 to 50 mph test with a sharp turn. .
avoiding a deer, antelope, turtle, or whatever would be a swerve, not a sharp turn.

and no, the Civic doesn't come standard with side airbags, but show me a subcompact that does. small cars aren't very safe, that's a foregone conclusion. i don't need the IIHS or NHTSA to tell me that. as long as they are available to me, that's all i need. if i don't buy them, i can't fault Ford, Honda, GM, anyone for me not being safe. the bags were available and i declined them. it's not the automaker's fault. if they were standard, the price of the car would increase, so don't accuse the "evil" automakers. accuse the people who don't buy the airbags.

·
Registered
40 Posts
vanshmack said:
Since I'm gainfully employed, I don't have time or really care to review anything you've posted. To be more blunt, you just don't matter that much.

As for LW's "credibility," he's never had much credibility here in the first place. There really isn't much for me to destroy. And nowhere have I personally attacked your boy, LW. I merely voiced my opinion about his body of work here...his posts and his PhotoChops.

Bottom line is, your "credibility" here is determined by your body work. Buick61 has credibility. FoMoCoFan has credibility. While I don't usually agree with SUPERBADD75 or awalbert88, they have credibility. In fact, I don't always agree with any of the folks listed above, but I do respect them because they always have something compelling to say and don't regurgitate the same trash over and over that your pal LW does.
Oh please, your way too full of your self.

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
BigAls87Z28 said:
bwhahaha! That was good...

Agreed. If title read, "..Cobalt is a eath trap at any speed.." LW would have passed out from pure joy.

The Focus is now ugly and a non-player in the compact car market. I have only seen a handful on the road, compared to the numbers of older ones. I see more SVT Foci on the road then the new Focus.
I would definitely have to dub you "The Anti-LaserWizard." I always look forward to your take on these threads, as well as MelvinJ, tgagneguam and many others.

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
THUNDER-X said:
Oh please, your way too full of your self.
Here, have a Kleenex.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
THUNDER-X said:
Sorry man but I believe LW makes both make great contributions and compelling arguments on a regular basis at this site. I read and enjoy his posts all the time. He usually just lays it out straight according how he feels. Take it, or leave it.

Yes, I believe you do have a problem with others points of view. If not; Why do you become fixated on destroying a member’s credibility when they posted something you don't agree with? Is it to prove your credibility is more significant? It's not working. I think you are taking things way to personally.

I Like LW's photo-chops. You can't deny he's got some major talent and has contributed to this site more than most people.

To me it seems like you main contribution to this site is a mission to prove how bogus people's credibility is, by using personal attacks and cheaply devolped insults. This is annoying and makes you seem insecure.

Now I'm sure this post will leave you franticly scanning and searching back through my existing posts, so that you can then find a way to prove how insignificant me and this post of mine is. Feel free.

i agree, LW does have some things that contribute to this site, but i also think that he tries his best to just nag GM lovers and bash anything GM does, either good or bad. i comment a lot on GM, how i think they could do better, and pump up other products (it's no secret that i am an "import booster") but overall, i don't really hate GM. i am openly a fan of Hummer, am a fan of "real" Saabs (9-2X and 9-7X need not apply) and think Cad and Pontiac are headed down the right road. i dislike Chevy's direction, think Buick is a major bore, and think Saturn needs to be cut out like a tumor. LW is obviously a Ford fanatic, and nothing else is good enough. his main purpose here is to try and rip everything GM does, and personally i think it's just to make people upset and give him some sort of thrill that he can piss people off. it's stupid, uncalled for, and really results in nothing more than turmoil in these posts. that being said, i think he does a good job at photo chops, and if he'd contribute more than headaches to these threads, he'd be great. i don't think that i have to agree with someone to think that they're worthwhile, but i don't think insults and bashing GM just to make somebody angry is very mature. actually, i disagree with a lot of people on here, but i usually have something to back myself up, not just that i think GM sucks because i hate them.

·
Registered
7,170 Posts
The purpose of the rollover test is multifold and mostly comparitive.
1) It tests in an emergency, accident avoidance maneuver, whatever, whether or not a violent control input results in a rollover. Its a test for the average driver, who doesn't instinctively know you can't do the same things in a truck as you can in a car.
Most of the people on this forum know this, so its hard to understand how this test is useful to many of us. Your average Joe may do something dumb, and this test says if he does, what happens.

2) This is the more debatable point, it also is used to give an idea of in an accident whether or not the car will roll, irrespective of what the driver does. Think, hit by another vehicle at an angle at high speed, then bouncing off another vehicle. It gives a general sense of how rollover prone a vehicle is. This, like I said, is very debatable.

In regards to the Laser debate, I have to agree with BigAls and vanshmack, most of the blue oval fans make their point respectfully, listen to others opinions, etc. They don't let their bias completely override their brain. Laser's posts are for entertainment I hope, because they are dripping with anti GM bias, overtly antagonizing, and generally worthless. I feel he actually hurts the legitimacy of this site. Thats my opinion, some may say that about me, but he has a right to be here, so lets just assume he's trying to be funny in some unique way.

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
SUPERBADD75 said:
i agree, LW does have some things that contribute to this site, but i also think that he tries his best to just nag GM lovers and bash anything GM does, either good or bad. i comment a lot on GM, how i think they could do better, and pump up other products (it's no secret that i am an "import booster") but overall, i don't really hate GM. i am openly a fan of Hummer, am a fan of "real" Saabs (9-2X and 9-7X need not apply) and think Cad and Pontiac are headed down the right road. i dislike Chevy's direction, think Buick is a major bore, and think Saturn needs to be cut out like a tumor. LW is obviously a Ford fanatic, and nothing else is good enough. his main purpose here is to try and rip everything GM does, and personally i think it's just to make people upset and give him some sort of thrill that he can piss people off. it's stupid, uncalled for, and really results in nothing more than turmoil in these posts. that being said, i think he does a good job at photo chops, and if he'd contribute more than headaches to these threads, he'd be great. i don't think that i have to agree with someone to think that they're worthwhile, but i don't think insults and bashing GM just to make somebody angry is very mature. actually, i disagree with a lot of people on here, but i usually have something to back myself up, not just that i think GM sucks because i hate them.
Very well said, and I agree completely. And even though you and I don't agree most of the time, you always make your case in a well-thought out but non-inflammatory manner. That's the difference.

And one small point of clarification: There's no question that LW is talented in the use of Photoshop. I just think his designs are dull and unimaginative.

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Something I'm surprised no one has pointed out so far: LW usually posts only once per thread, and that's it. Do not expect replies from him after that, even if you're asking him a direct question. Why this modus operandi that borders on trolling? It's one of the main reason he's not really taken seriously, IMHO. For example, we've been talking almost exclusively about him for more than 1 page, and he won't even step up and speak.

If one wants to be on a discussion forum, one should be ready to....discuss. Posting an abrasive comment, THEN leaving the thread is not discussing.

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
lio45 said:
Something I'm surprised no one has pointed out so far: LW usually posts only once per thread, and that's it. Do not expect replies from him after that, even if you're asking him a direct question. Why this modus operandi that borders on trolling? It's one of the main reason he's not really taken seriously, IMHO. For example, we've been talking almost exclusively about him for more than 1 page, and he won't even step up and speak.

If one wants to be on a discussion forum, one should be ready to....discuss. Posting an abrasive comment, THEN leaving the thread is not discussing.
I think he's replied to one thread, and it was not long ago. I think something got said about the Five-Hundred and it pissed him off. Other than that, you're completely correct.

·
Super Moderator
4,252 Posts
Smaart Aas Saabr said:
How could anybody buy a Ranger when the S10 was dramatically better...

But especially today - the Colorado blows the Ranger to hell! Even the Frontier, Dakota, and etc. kick its ass 'round the block until the end of time...
Thing is, can't you still buy a Ranger for under $14,000? I mean, the Colorado is twice the truck, but I think it's moved up a class from the Ranger.

·
Banned
7 Posts
The fact is all of this Domestic stuff is JUNK!! Judging by the number of posts some of you have...you'll discuss this until your all blue in the face!! Get a life people! Move out of your parents basement and get a job!

·
Registered
14 Posts
NissanRocks said:
The fact is all of this Domestic stuff is JUNK!! Judging by the number of posts some of you have...you'll discuss this until your all blue in the face!! Get a life people! Move out of your parents basement and get a job!

thats why the Nissan pathfinder Armada has more than 2X the problems and worse gas mileage than the Chevrolet Taho/Suburban! I see

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.