GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/24/spy-shots-ford-fiesta-sedan-snapped/

The question of whether or not Ford will offer the upcoming Fiesta in the U.S. as a three- or five-door hatchback is still unanswered, but we do know that a four-door sedan version is on the way. And here it is, recently snapped by spy photographers in Dearborn, MI. Though this prototype is wearing heavy cladding, its clear that the design will stick closely to what was previewed with the Verve sedan concept.

More pictures at the link.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I wonder where in Dearborn this was shot at i do not see any visible landmarks and it looks like its coming out of a fog of some sort. Still its nice to see that a sedan fiesta does indeed exist

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
KGP cut out the background. Secrecy I suppose.
Your probably right It must have been a pretty sensitive facility if KGP had to cut the background out, Its not very often that KGP does that to a pic. Anyway back to the car I like what I'm seeing so far and the overall shape seems to have retained some of the concepts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I took a closer look at the three shots and it looks like the first one was taken in a parking lot and the other two were taken while it was out and about. KGP did a good job of taking out the background but you can still make out the little details on the windows if you look close enough. i just don't understand why they took out the background on the two when the fiesta was out and about that i find strange

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
After seeing this prototype I think this car might come to the US early next year

·
Registered
928 Posts
I cant tell, are those new rims or the ones off the '08 Focus SES?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Yay! Looks promising. Not another stupid looking Focus. The door panels and everything except for the cool lights look horrible.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
I cant tell, are those new rims or the ones off the '08 Focus SES?
Good catch, Escapen!
if not the same size, looks like identical style imho

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
The production is scheduled for late 2009 - Ford has been having trouble securing a plant for this car - also there are many changes under the skin from the EU model including a 6speed power-shift transmission.

Igor

·
Registered
928 Posts
like a DSG? Ford said they were working on this kind, didnt the first production fiesta that was unvieled a few months ago have a 4 speed!? That would really suck if Ford brought it over like that

1 - 17 of 17 Posts