GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Fuel to the fire: 2 Ford Falcon prototypes spied outside of Detroit

Contradicting reports have been flying back and forth as to whether Ford will move its rear-wheel drive operations to the U.S. from Australia, but it looks as though a recent round of spy shots might have put the debate to rest.

Spy photographers have spotted two Ford Falcon prototypes testing outside of Detroit. It still remains unclear if Ford has given the U.S.-spec Falcon the green light, but these could be the first images of Ford's Australian-born Pontiac G8 fighter.

Continued here - http://www.leftlanenews.com/ford-falcon-future.html

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Re: FG Falcons spied in Detroit

April Fools maybe??
well, like some said last year when a Falcon was snapped in Detroit,
they could be here for testin sumthin...
&
maybe Mr. Mulally isn't the only exec that wanted one......
...and smoke doesn't always mean fire ;)

btw, I *hate* A.F.D.

&
... now I wonder how to get it LHD and have 'em ECOBOOST?
imho... just take the parts off the shelf and stick 'em in it

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

^ both cars are pretty generic. It not that they've copied each other in any way.

But I must say that the front and rears of the Falcon and Commodore look pretty different.... The doors on the other hand are pretty similar.

Believe me, the cars have looked WAY more similar in the past.
Try the VN Commodore and the EB Falcon. Or the VS Commodore and the EL Falcon.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts

FenwickHockey65 said:
I still say the Falcon looks waaaay too much like the Commodore/G8.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
306 Posts

^ both cars are pretty generic. It not that they've copied each other in any way.

But I must say that the front and rears of the Falcon and Commodore look pretty different.... The doors on the other hand are pretty similar.

Believe me, the cars have looked WAY more similar in the past.
Try the VN Commodore and the EB Falcon. Or the VS Commodore and the EL Falcon.
The first time I saw a VE (it was IRL) we went past it at a dealership and I thought it was an updated BF Fairlane. It looks a lot closer to one than a previous gen Commodore.

That was a blurred fleeting glance though.

@Aych Es Vee: I was going to say I think it's an April Fools joke since it was posted on that date in the original sources, but in the comments a Dearborn Michigan college student said hes been seeing them around for a while now.

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
Maybe Ford will be smart and give these to Mercury. At the very least Mercury needs a version of it.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Maybe Ford will be smart and give these to Mercury. At the very least Mercury needs a version of it.
Ugh... just stick it with Ford. Don't ruin it by giving one to Mercury or Lincoln. They need to get their own damn product.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I forgot abpout something. What happened to the 4 door Mustang? Is this it?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
A modern car with A-pillars that aren't as thick as tree trunks? Who would've thought that was possible. Definitely not a GM fan.

I think its beautiful, and I'd love to be able to test one out at the local Ford dealer, though I'm sure if its coming it won't be in a showroom for 3-5 years.

Oh, one more thing: Please, Ford, don't re-style it for NA.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Ford has needed this styling in the US for the last 2 years, along with their Euro styling. The American brands here are down right fugly when compared to those models.

The 2DR Falcon should be brought out here as the return of the Mercury Cougar, no questions asked. THAT would be one hot car.

And I can see SOME similarities between Oz Ford and Holden models in their greenhouses, doors and rear ends. But at least the front ends have been different enough to over look some of the copy-catting that occurs.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
A modern car with A-pillars that aren't as thick as tree trunks? Who would've thought that was possible. Definitely not a GM fan.

I think its beautiful, and I'd love to be able to test one out at the local Ford dealer, though I'm sure if its coming it won't be in a showroom for 3-5 years.

Oh, one more thing: Please, Ford, don't re-style it for NA.
Interesting I'll have to keep an eye out for this car the next time I'm in my secret spot over at MPG. and the falcon should stay with Ford Lincoln needs to think of there own product for once and mercury is going to be dissolved at some point anyway so why bother. however I hope the idiots that restyled AKA mutilated the current Focus do not do the same to the falcon

5,934 Posts
Build it. Ford needs a product like this bad.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
oops i guess your not familiar with MPG. Let me explain MPG is a shortened name for Michigan Proving Ground and its a ford owned proving ground over in Romeo Michigan

·
Registered
292 Posts
This would be a great CV replacement. If Ford builds it in North America and can hang on to the police market with this car it should be around long after the G8 has been canceled. After all the G8 is imported isn't it? With out a large fleet market I don't see how the G8 can sell in large enough numbers for year after year to survive.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.