GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good job GM! Why don't I see any ads for this safety anywhere?

Not as good for the Lincoln - 4 stars, which isn't bad, but my expectation for luxury cars is that I'm getting the best protection as part of the elevated cost......

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

Not as good for the Lincoln - 4 stars, which isn't bad, but my expectation for luxury cars is that I'm getting the best protection as part of the elevated cost......
GM needs to have a marketing reboot. They do all those Howie Long HD videos on Youtube, but you don't see them as a TV commercial (for example)...they need to fix alot IMO for all marketing. Buick seems to be okay, and GMC is okay but Cadillac and Chevy need help. Big time.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
How is it misleading? The title tells you what the video content is, same as a written article.

When you click on the title and go to a written article, there is no more "clicks" and you can read the content. When you post a video, you must click on the title - then click on the video link. I do not watch videos and would not have clicked on the title link if I knew it was a video.

·
Registered
19,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When you click on the title and go to a written article, there is no more "clicks" and you can read the content. When you post a video, you must click on the title - then click on the video link. I do not watch videos and would not have clicked on the title link if I knew it was a video.
I think it took you longer to write your post than it took you to click on the link.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
WOW for a LUX car 4 stars is NOT good and IMHO the LAST thing Lincoln NEEDS now
Agreed. I really like the MKC, but I find this pretty disappointing. Why design a brand-new vehicle that doesn't get the top safety rating? That is a pretty important factor to alot of people. Is it the only criteria for success? No, of course not. But why not tick the 5-star box so that customers have one more reason to consider Lincoln?

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Therein lies the issue with the MKC - it's not a true luxury vehicle, but a more expensive variant of Ford Escape. As mentioned in the video, NHTSA's overall crash-worthiness rating for Escape is also 4 stars.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The thread title should state that this is a video. Misleading title.
Misleading? Seriously? If you hover over the link for a second, it even says "youtube.com" In addition, if it were a written article, it most likely would have been snippets from the original source, and thus necessitating another "click" to read the entire article. To complain that the title is misleading is just silly.

Well, the Ford/Lincoln-philes on this site keep stating that Lincoln is a "different" kind of luxury. Maybe that's what they mean by "different".

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Safety is always my No1 priority when choosing a new car, if a family member or friend gets out after nasty crash unharmed with no serious injury the car is worth more than its weight in gold, and more than all the money in the world..

Cadillac ATS came out first tops first class in the crash tests, you can't put a price on safety of your family thats priceless, hopefully you will never need it or hurt anybody else in another car in a crash as well, but it's great to know the Cadillac ATS is first class top quality when it comes to crash protection, it looks a very nice car in the video.

l just can't understand why anybody would want a BMW or Mercedes, when Caddy make a car as good as the ATS that excels in every department is much better.

Shame about Lincoln 4 star, you would have thought that Ford could designed it it be a bit more safe. You would have thought if you were gonna pay top dollar a 5 star rating would have been standard.

Thanks for posting the video BlackGTP.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Last I checked the IIHS is usually more stringent then the NHTSA and in the full front test the escape scored Good in the test which is the best you can possibly get at the IIHS but only 4 star with the gov't test, odd... What's the difference with the nhtsa test?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts