GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The sedan version of the EVOS has been spotted testing in Germany. This is is also the basis for the Lincoln Zephyr, all Chinese market products (note the Chinese spec license plate). The Fusion is not returning to North America and Ford dropped the Mondeo from Europe. This could be the Mondeo or Taurus successor in China, while the Crossover carries the EVOS name.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Can't blame Ford for not selling this here. Few will spend over $22,000 for a Ford sedan, which is not sufficiently profitable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ill take those bland super cool looking lincolns, buicks, gl8 , this is where ford needs to make unprofitable vehicles in mexico and not in china... i think its a ploy to eventually bring in cars from china... alike gm buick... anything that needs low/budget it should be made in mexico for this hemisphere... not china, korea, ect...

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,348 Posts
ill take those bland super cool looking lincolns, buicks, gl8 , this is where ford needs to make unprofitable vehicles in mexico and not in china... i think its a ploy to eventually bring in cars from china... alike gm buick... anything that needs low/budget it should be made in mexico for this hemisphere... not china, korea, ect...
Good point, but... considering gm already has factories tooled for the products in those places and the expense involved in changing over to build those things in these other countries, I can see why they do what they do. I too believe though that having products coming from Mexico vs. China IS the LESSER of the two evils. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts