GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Not surprised the EcoSport wasn't right for our market and was kind of a lazy product. I think the Puma would be better for the US but we will see.

·
Banned
660 Posts
Thought you were against having non-GM talk here. Now you’ve just helped to keep the thread alive lol.

And I think this is your first post that was grammatically correct. Keep it up and you won’t come across as overly challenged or a twelve year old
No your wrong again as usual!

I'll pass means this article has no business on this site, has nothing to do with GM and has no interest to me.

It must take alot of energy trying to keep up with me!

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Regarding the EVOS, although North America cancelled its Fusion replacement long ago, the Mondeo was due to get a replacement. I'm not sure if that's still happening or not, but it appears not and will be left to the Chinese market only as the EVOS (as will the next-gen Edge). This may have happened because of the new EV mandates in Europe. The US was suppose to get the new Chinese Nautilus (imported from China) according to the UNIFOR negotiations. I don't have confirmation outside of that however, but I'm skeptical. Either way the US was originally going to get the new Edge and Nautilus, but those programs have been moved to China for local development. The other thing to consider is that Ford has a regionalized EV plan, so each region has its own EV platforms, motors, and batteries.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Not surprised the EcoSport wasn't right for our market and was kind of a lazy product. I think the Puma would be better for the US but we will see.
Yeah, it was definitely a stopgap sort of product. I think at this point, though, we're unlikely to see a direct ICE replacement. There's nowhere to build Puma regionally - Brazil is shut down, all US/Canadian plants are allocated, same with Mexico. Cuatitlan (however it's spelled, I can never remember) is now BEV, so you won't introduce a ICE product there, and Hermosillo has Bronco Sport, Maverick, and possibly Transit Connect coming. Importing from Europe is likely too expensive.

I'll pass means this article has no business on this site, has nothing to do with GM and has no interest to me.

Yup, since an article posted in the "Competition News" doesn't belong...and since ignoring competitors is a good business model.

If you're so against non-GM topics, why don't you just ignore them/the competition section? It's not that hard.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,047 Posts

Why would any of us want to keep up with you and your by now, infamous track record ;) :D :rolleyes: .

·
Banned
660 Posts
You've said repeatedly that you don't cross shop or even consider other brands except GM

So why do you even care if there is a post about a Ford on here?

Just jog on mate and ignore it

Thats what grown ups do ;)
I said not for me.

I've said over and over why I don't think it should be on this site period.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Hi CMiatso/Dabangbang, McGarrett, Greg.Botts, etc.

·
Registered
7,386 Posts
In the short term, this could only help the remaining competitors in the segment. The Chevy Trax (still hate that name) is getting long in the tooth and needs attention. For those customers seeking a "domestic only" product in this segment, perhaps the EcoSports disappearance can help them buoy sales for a bit longer while they work on a replacement.

That said, I fully expect Ford to do what they've done in Europe and other markets to fill the void in the segment and bring the Ford Puma to the U.S. The Puma is lightyears ahead of the EcoSport (and the Trax, for that matter) and has been well received in other markets. Hopefully it will find the same reception here in the States.

Ford Puma (UK)
View attachment 64425
I like the name and the looks

21 - 38 of 38 Posts