GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler has had enough of Ford TV ads that poke fun at its minivans, and on Tuesday warned Ford for a second time to stop running the commercials or face possible legal action.

While Ford has modified its new minivan ads once to address Chrysler’s complaints, Chrysler is pushing to kill the commercials altogether, saying they don’t accurately portray minivans coming out of the company today.

In a letter to Ford on Tuesday, Chrysler said new Ford and Mercury minivan ads are “deceptive and disparaging” because they unfairly compare 2005 Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey minivans — equipped with new third-row seats that fold flat into the floor — with 2004 Chrysler minivans that don’t have the seating option.

Chrysler says Ford should compare its vans with Chrysler’s 2005 minivans, which feature second and third row seats that fold flat into the floor — an industry first.

The latest letter followed a similar letter on March 10 requesting Ford to kill the ads.

Full Article

·
Banned
895 Posts
The ads clearly state "comparison of 2004 models" which Chrysler STILL is selling. Much like GMC was running ads against the OLD F-150 when the new one was just coming out.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Originally posted by laserwizard@May 5 2004, 09:36 AM
The ads clearly state "comparison of 2004 models" which Chrysler STILL is selling. Much like GMC was running ads against the OLD F-150 when the new one was just coming out.
GMS isn't running ads againt the old F-150, they are running them against the new one. The even say in the add "NEW F-150"

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
I think Ford should stop those commercials...inaccurate

·
Registered
251 Posts
Like Chrysler is one to talk. Am I wrong or do the Pacifica say that "does AWD make it more than a minivan?" when i know GM minivans have that option and I think so does Honda.

If any thing it should say "Does AWD make it more than our minivan" and my answer is, Yes.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
It's an outdated commercial that should be pulled. But then, I really think Ford needs to focus on the traditional strong points with their minivans - safety and reliability.

·
Registered
922 Posts
You can still get chrysler minivans without the folding seats if you get the SWB version, so I say keep the comercials.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Originally posted by LGRpup@May 6 2004, 02:01 PM
You can still get chrysler minivans without the folding seats if you get the SWB version, so I say keep the comercials.
Yes, you can get the DCX minivans without Stow 'n' Go, but the Ford commercials say things like "The Freestar has a stowable third-row seat while your Dodge doesn't". They should probably change it to say "on the Dodge, this is optional".

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Originally posted by RCtennis3811+May 6 2004, 06:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RCtennis3811 @ May 6 2004, 06:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LGRpup@May 6 2004, 02:01 PM
Yes, you can get the DCX minivans without Stow 'n' Go, but the Ford commercials say things like "The Freestar has a stowable third-row seat while your Dodge doesn't". They should probably change it to say "on the Dodge, this is optional". [/b][/quote]
Uh, well, if you want to be technical like that, then the statement is still correct in the Ford commercial. "Your Dodge doesn't", which means that they just have to have the nitwit character having purchased the minivan without it.

Misleading perhaps, but not technically a lie. And technicalities make this country run, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
it's a slow week indeed.... crying over stupid commercials. give me a break!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Its just competition. Toyota or Honda didn't complain when Mitsubishi started running commercials, showing Galant beating Camry and Accord in every single race they ran.....I think Chrysler execs are being too childish over this situation. Ford has the right to show America that they might beat out Chrysler minivans. Ford is being a bully about it, and Chrysler is being a child....hmm..better do some more research. :type:

I've seen the commercials showing the Mercury Monterey's fold-flat seats being easier than the 2004 Chyrsler Town and Country. Personally, it is....and with Ford's new minivans lagging in sales, I can't see why Ford would not air these commercials..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts