GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ok lets look at this.......If the 5.4 is 310 HP that would be 310HP x 9%=27.9 more HP or 337.9 HP

Now the torque.....365 in the 5.4 with a 15% increase would be 365 x 15%=54.75 more TQ or 419.75 FT-LBs

Now the fuel economy.....And this is where alot of people think this engine is going to be great.....The 5.4 is 18-20MPG x 20%=21.6-24 MPG

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Nice fuel economy bump. I wonder how much this will cost? The torque value seems really low for a turbo diesel. GM's small diesel will have less power and a LOT more torque. Either would be enough however. I'd prefer which ever one gets better fuel economy and is more reliable.

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
A diesel engine will last longer than the truck itself in most applications. GM needs to put its small Duramax into GMT-900s soon.
At the cost of sounding like an idiot, what's urea?

·
Banned
6,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A diesel engine will last longer than the truck itself in most applications. GM needs to put its small Duramax into GMT-900s soon.
At the cost of sounding like an idiot, what's urea?
It is a chemical that nitrogen loves to bond to. In a diesel engine, it reduces nitrogen oxide. It its naturally occurring form, mammals use it to metabolize excess nitrogen, too. Thus, the name urine.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I think cabelas, gander Mt. and Bass pro sell urea it's next to the fox scent.

·
Premium Member
5,033 Posts
Nice fuel economy bump. I wonder how much this will cost? The torque value seems really low for a turbo diesel. GM's small diesel will have less power and a LOT more torque. Either would be enough however. I'd prefer which ever one gets better fuel economy and is more reliable.
If they keep the Expy the same size it is today and offer the diesel......I'm there. What a great truck!

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
This is the perfect output for the half tons....hopefully they won't have any reliability problems..

I hope that the GM diesels will offer the same or better fuel economy as the Fords.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is the perfect output for the half tons....hopefully they won't have any reliability problems..

I hope that the GM diesels will offer the same or better fuel economy as the Fords.

I heard the numbers will be closer to 350hp and 515lbs tq. I think they're under-rating it for now. MPG sounds about the same as what I heard though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know we all want to know about future products at Ford Motor Co., since we are all fans of the brand. We also want to see Ford do well in the future, at least most of us. I think a lot of us do are part. I think that pictures like this though give the competition a headstart on catching up with Ford. Most major auto manufacturers now have a segment of their marketing team dedicated to finding out competitive information, such as the picture that was just posted on this forum.

Personally, I have friends and family that work for the company, and I don't want Toyota or Honda getting a chance to see the products they're working on before they come out. Could the original poster at least take the picture down, or only send it via email. I know the picture is available on other sites, but it is the principle that is important.

Sincerely,

Dave

·
Registered
116 Posts
I know we all want to know about future products at Ford Motor Co., since we are all fans of the brand. We also want to see Ford do well in the future, at least most of us. I think a lot of us do are part. I think that pictures like this though give the competition a headstart on catching up with Ford. Most major auto manufacturers now have a segment of their marketing team dedicated to finding out competitive information, such as the picture that was just posted on this forum.

Personally, I have friends and family that work for the company, and I don't want Toyota or Honda getting a chance to see the products they're working on before they come out. Could the original poster at least take the picture down, or only send it via email. I know the picture is available on other sites, but it is the principle that is important.

Sincerely,

Dave
Wasn't that on display at an auto show? If it was anyone could see it. Also I believe that Dodge/GM already released primary numbers on their diesels and that they were lower than Ford's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts