GM Inside News Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,647 Posts
Remember too that Derrick Kuzak was touting Ecoboost and 20% fuel economy improvement over larger NA engines
well before Ford NA power train were given the opportunity to review and validate claims made under ECE test cycles.

While I think the US did a good job, I can certainly appreciate that they must have been under the pump to get so
much right, a credible effort IMO but one lacking that design and engineering maturity that is the hallmark of a
thoroughly reliable engine under all conditions even the most inexplicable.

If indeed this is a small percentage of vehicles that are affected, I cannot understand why Ford just doesn't pony up.
and if the complaints are more widespread, why are there no class actions suits?

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
And I'll happily invite you to point out where I said I didn't want to believe it's true. Once again, you're just proving my point. As for the comments, if that meets your sniff test criteria be my guest, but being long winded and overly-detailed has never been a criteria I've see used to determine legitimacy. If that was the case Germeezy would be the King of 'truthiness'. I'm not saying it is true, I'm not saying it isn't, I'm saying there's nothing to prove either out and that, on a GM website, a topic focused on bashing Ford is all but useless for obvious reasons.
Then you should have left it at that; however, you decided to read more into impala02's statement than what was there. You do it again with your "sniff test" comment. How can you possibly interpret "It may or may not be true" and "I find it difficult to dismiss it arbitrarily" = passing the sniff test? If anyone if reaching, it is you.

Your criticism of the OP for being long winded, your distractions over germeezy, and this being a GM enthusiast site, have no bearing on the FACT that you've painted in much of a blank picture with your own conspiracies about how we're all out to bash Ford, when that is just not true.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Yep.

Except....if GM came with it , they wouldn't half ass it.
Yeah GM would never build a diesel for Oldsmobile and set back diesel sales in the US for decades. ;)

Come on people, its one engine. Who knows what really happened. Is it possible to get a bad engine? yes, Does that mean every engine is a piece of crap? No. I know a few people who have EcoBoost 3.5s and love them. I don't know anyone who has had problems. Does that mean they are all awesome? Don't think so , but then again I think I am reasonable. Maybe I'm just a Ford slappy trying to obfuscate the issue.

·
Firebird Concept (the turbine one)
15,356 Posts
Then you should have left it at that; however, you decided to read more into impala02's statement than what was there. You do it again with your "sniff test" comment. How can you possibly interpret "It may or may not be true" and "I find it difficult to dismiss it arbitrarily" = passing the sniff test? If anyone if reaching, it is you.

Your criticism of the OP for being long winded, your distractions over germeezy, and this being a GM enthusiast site, have no bearing on the FACT that you've painted in much of a blank picture with your own conspiracies about how we're all out to bash Ford, when that is just not true.
Perhaps now you understand why I have a certain poster blocked who literally can not discern between his posterior orifice, and a hole in the ground? I benefit directly from the success of Ford, and garner no pleasure from bashing them.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.