GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Sorry to hear of your troubles, and that Ford didn't offer somesort of AWA, if for no other reason than to have engineir figure out what happened.

Your selling Dealer would be better at recieving AWA. Sometimes full payment, sometimes 50/50 split. Usually Ford would pay for parts, customer pay for labour, then the Selling Dealer slashes the labour rate.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
View attachment 12706

This is why you gotta love GM, the sales manager listened to my story, Unfortunatly he could not give me less than half of what I owe on the Ford...So he sold me a new truck... !!! Go Figure...... But he told me to get the ebay motorand istall it in the truck then bring it back to him and he would sell it for me to pay off the loan on it and get me some extra for it as well.... Who said customer service is dead... :)
Of course he did (the Sales MGR) What did he do for you? He sold you a truck. At this point He hasn't sold your Ford for you, and there will be "Geez Ecoboom I can only get $xxxx for your truck I think you should take that offer" Once you spend the $6-7K to put the Ebay motor in it.

BTW you haven't told us in your storey if the truck is chipped in any way. There is AM performance chips that ad 50HP and 100FT/LBs available for the EcoBoost! 520 Ft/LBs is crazy for any V6.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Gathering of condensation SHOULD be taken care of by a design feature shown in the pic below. The stock intercooler has, what is basically a vapour drain attached to the bottom, where the aftermarket intercooler does not. Curious to know if the EB's intercooler has a vapour drain.
There is an updated CAC for Ecoboosts due to Condensation issues.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Imagine if you will a great GM site where those who own, and hold GM in high regard are ran off when they even speak of their bad experiences or thoughts on Ford.
Imagine a Great GM site, where those who own and build GM's actually listen to other GM end users.

I realize that this is a Ford Atfault thread and Ford should be listening.

Through the years I owned several GM's 10 to be exact. I had some problems. That I won't get into. I have also had some Ford problems.

What I don't get is GM's seemingly Blind Eye to them. Intake Gaskets, Fuel Pumps. The 1 thing they did update was the Torision springs on my Safari van. Wound up replacing both sides and the spring holders for the tune of $1300.

Look at it as Constructive Critisim, rather than Bashing GM.

Look at Ford's ill fated 5.4L 3Valve spark plug issues, Ford did fix them by 2008. 4 years after the problem was first installed in a F150.

Silverado problematic intake gaskets, were first used in the early 90's, and continued into the late 2000's over multiple engine lines. Fuel pumps even longer.

The Asian Imports of the 70's rotted away within 4 years. Really tarnishing the rep. Did they keep building them that way? No they fixed thier problems and now are some of the soundest on the road.

Hyundia Pony 1987 was a disposable car with a 3-4 year shelf life. They fixed thier problems and look at them go now.

So if Ford and GM built such great reliable cars, if there was a problem they backed them for the customer, if not under warranty, they updated the next car you purchased from them to not have the same problems. They had a combined 60% market share in the 80's. Your parents always drove them. Then why the migration? To subprime cars of the previous era.

Blinders being on is what has placed GM where it is today. Minus Olds, Pontiac, Saturn, Hummer, Saab. The later 2 was good rididance. 3/4 of it's dealers gone, and struggling for 15% market share.

Mulally sees that he has to build Brand Image again. That it is not the 70's anymore and people will not buy just because it is what they grew up in.

I have never once said that Ford is perfect. But I am saying that GM could do some listening.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Bottom line here is that Ford touted the countless hours of durability testing this engine underwent, yet, there are failures, as I predicted, and there will be more. You only buy this hype if you are TOTALLY clueless about the workings of engines and are mechanically inept. Those of us who's witnessed turbo or supercharger failure aren't so easily convinced.

I sincerely hope GM resists the temptation to follow this lead with Ford. This is nothing more than a temporary bragging right for Ford, and Ford will abandon this very soon.

Davevolt, sooner or later people will come to realize that there is no FREE ride. You gain something here, you LOSE something there. Ford is simply capitalizing on the very many uninformed consumers out there. I, too, will take the minimal mileage penalty that a larger, naturally aspirated engine may exact for the the same or superior performance. If the LS engines were available in ALL vehicle categories, that's what I would choose, EVERYTIME. Even the pushrod 3.8 V6s attained better mileage than these modern ohc 3.6s. And while they may have had lower redlines, they FELT fast off the line without revving to 5k.
Truely? This is 1 engine. I have seen a 350 SBC unloaded off of the Auto Carrier that needed an engine. Due to the Cam Bearings being out of line with the oil passages.

And 113000+kms in 2 years is alot of driving. Not saying that there may not be an issue but you cannot judge them from this 1 post.

I feel for his problems, and wish Ford would have done something different to sweep this whole thinh under the table. Not busting any balls here, but Ford isn't stepping up to the plate to salvage the Ecoboost name. And Ecoboom is out 1 ride. I think there Maybe more to this storey than we are hearing.

AWA or (After Warranty Adjustment) would pay something, not all but more than likley 1/3, of the bill. So that gets me thinking a Chip, or lack of servicing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts