GM Inside News Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
17,458 Posts
What does she own now?

If she has a GM in the garage, but an exotic or foreign make chained up in the basement; which one is the beard?
Does she need to own an exciting car to be an enthusiast? GMI is full of enthusiasts whose garage has a minivan and pickup truck... Granted, she has the $$ to buy whatever she wants, but I bet she doesn't drive much being CEO, probably has a driver while she works in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
35,652 Posts
Does she still drive to work? What kind of car does she drive?

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
Does the article discuss supply chain issues; which is having major impact on the company.

·
Premium Member
3,217 Posts
It’s kinda off topic, but I heard GM is moving out of the RenCenter and looking for a buyer.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,109 Posts
Some of us may not particularly like her, but she has done wonders for the company I will give her that. She needs to smile more too.

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Does she need to own an exciting car to be an enthusiast? GMI is full of enthusiasts whose garage has a minivan and pickup truck... Granted, she has the $$ to buy whatever she wants, but I bet she doesn't drive much being CEO, probably has a driver while she works in the back seat.
Hey now. I resemble that remark. At least I have my '62 Electra in the garage with the minivan and pickup. :D

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
What kind of backseat work is she doing, eh?. ;)

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
"Carbon credits." What a world we live in. It's like purchasing unicorns.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
It’s total fraud.

It's insanity. When I hear about businesses leaving the US, it makes me sad or mad on the one hand. But sometimes I totally get it. GM pretty much forced to purchase a make believe product, a "carbon credit" from Tesla. Real nice, forced to subsidize a competitor.

When does Tesla need to puchase "toxic waste credits" to compensate for all those batteries that will one day require disposal?

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
It's insanity. When I hear about businesses leaving the US, it makes me sad or mad on the one hand. But sometimes I totally get it. GM pretty much forced to purchase a make believe product, a "carbon credit" from Tesla. Real nice, forced to subsidize a competitor.

When does Tesla need to puchase "toxic waste credits" to compensate for all those batteries that will one day require disposal?
I don't think you understand what "businesses leaving the US" means. They usually move their corporate headquarters to avoid taxes. No successful business in their right mind is exiting the US market. Carbon credits and the like are based on sales in a particular market, not corporate domicile.

So where would GM move their sales to? NA and China are the only viable markets and China is even-more heavy-handed with EV mandates.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts