Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RETAIL SALES FOR FORD’S NEW FOCUS UP 88 PERCENT, PACING STRONG CAR AND CROSSOVER RESULTS
- Ford's new Focus posted an 88 percent increase in retail sales compared with a year ago; highest April sales for Focus since 2000.
- Retail sales for mid-size sedans also were higher; Ford Fusion up 31 percent, Mercury Milan up 19 percent, and Lincoln MKZ up 20 percent; Fusion and Milan set April sales records.
- Total car retail sales up 21 percent.
- Crossover retail sales up 11 percent led by Ford Edge (up 24 percent) and Ford Escape (up 13 percent).
- Rising gas prices accelerate the industry-wide shift from trucks and SUVs to cars and crossovers.
- Ford, Lincoln and Mercury sales totaled 189,247, down 12 percent; retail sales were down 7 percent and daily rental sales were down 32 percent.
- Total Ford Motor Company sales (including Jaguar, Land Rover, and Volvo) totaled 200,727, down 12 percent.
MORE HERE: http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=28166