GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I sure hope they decide to bring this thing here. Hopefully it will pressure Volvo to up the ante with the C30 and GM with the Astra. I will wait to see production models of the Focus because artist renderings, especially with this class of cars, tend to be overboard boy racer.

The mechanical bits are there: Power will come from a modified version of Volvo's turbocharged 2.5-litre five-cylinder engine with power produced expected at 280 hp and torque of 400 lb.-ft, propelling the RS somewhat beyond that of the 225 hp ST model.

I'm sure that power will be coupled to a nice Dual clutch tranny to make a super hot hatch.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
The mechanical bits are there: Power will come from a modified version of Volvo's turbocharged 2.5-litre five-cylinder engine with power produced expected at 280 hp and torque of 400 lb.-ft, propelling the RS somewhat beyond that of the 225 hp ST model.
I am surprised it's not more powerful than that... the T5 engine has so much potential.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
I am surprised it's not more powerful than that... the T5 engine has so much potential.
Did you see the torque. Nice :) Turbos make serious torque and with FWD in a small car you probably can't put a lot more than that down effectively.

The torque of the GT-R is what makes it so quick. Everyone focuses on the hp of the GT-R but the torque (turbo) and the DSG is what is getting it done with that car and I'm sure this car will be no different. Turbos love automatics and DSG's even more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts