GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought a house with a garage and my wife's not had a lot of experience parking in a garage, so today she's backing out and catches the driver's side wing mirror on the center divider between the two garage doors. The plastic base is all that broke but I need to know how to get to the bolts underneath the plastic cover on the inside of the door where the remote joystick is. I haven't had a lot of time to look at how it comes apart but any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think most doors a pretty much the same when it comes to attaching the mirrors to them. The one I am familiar with has three nuts holding on the mirror. One is visible when you open the door, the others are under the door pad or that plastic trim piece (the one witht the joystick). Just carfefully remove the trim or door pad, you may even wanna go buy the little tool to pull the retainers that hold on your door pad. Then remove the other nuts, if its electric unplug the wire, if its manual have fun with that cable. Then the mirror should come off. Make sure to reattach the inner door seal, the plastic sheating that seals the inside from the elements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts