GM Inside News Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Only if you are a bottom feeder! If you are the top of the top then you only compete against yourself.

I guess you need competition to get better. You must be one of the sad ones!

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
So why is this article on a GM news website
Because most of us drove only GM's but "wandered" for one reason or another.........

Only if you are a bottom feeder! If you are the top of the top then you only compete against yourself.

If you only compete against yourself, you could be the worst and not even know.........

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
You should

Funny you ask, don't care what crap motor Ford puts in what ever car or truck. I ant buying it!

GM or nothing! I don't know why this is so complicated? There's only one car company that I recognize.

GM.

Anymore questions?
Nope, that answers it, all of it.

·
Registered
20,682 Posts

·
Registered
20,682 Posts

·
Registered
20,682 Posts
Reactions: Extreme4x4

·
Registered
4,898 Posts

Ah...that explains why GM builds like 4 versions of everything, they're competing against themselves.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Ah...that explains why GM builds like 4 versions of everything, they're competing against themselves.
And it use to work. In the 50's-60's and went down hill in the 70/80's. Back when GM had 4 Players competing. Olds had their own take of a Platform, with their own Engine. Buick did as well, Pontiac, Built Excitement, and Chevy was Coddled by Corporate.

If I had to guess, I would say by the X Car Platform, all Internal Competition was over. The earlier G Bodies, still had some Brand Image.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,637 Posts
And it use to work. In the 50's-60's and went down hill in the 70/80's. Back when GM had 4 Players competing. Olds had their own take of a Platform, with their own Engine. Buick did as well, Pontiac, Built Excitement, and Chevy was Coddled by Corporate.

If I had to guess, I would say by the X Car Platform, all Internal Competition was over. The earlier G Bodies, still had some Brand Image.
Too much badge engineered cookie cutter BS was going on in the 70's & 80's with not enough differentiation between brands/models, and that was what shot the in the foot.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts