GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,637 Posts
Yup, as you point out, the ones that don't stir the emotions. GM does have a few of those - Corvette, Camaro, maybe I'll throw the Hummer in there. But otherwise, take Blazer for example....it might be doing ok in the market, but it doesn't create the same emotional "gotta have it/aspire to" connection/reaction that the Bronco has or that a Wrangler has.
And as you say with the Blazer and not stirring the emotions. Just think, now that we have a "proper" Bronco and maybe a couple of other products out there, what the Blazer could have been had gm not been cross-eyed drunk with the watered down Kool-Aid and so heavily focused/sidetracked on their all electric misadventure. :(

·
Premium Member
35,882 Posts
I would give OJ a white Bronco and the sales will really zoom. It worked before.
Great idea! Then after approaching an airport terminal overland in the Bronc, The Juice could fly through the terminal. Maybe fly through a couple of hangers.
Image rehab here we come!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Since the Bronco has IFS it would be hilarious if Jeep brought out a Compass for a comparison.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I'd rather have a full size chevy trailboss. It's hard to get excited about a Turbo v6 4x4.

I'll pass.
Ford wants you to believe a Turbo V6 is the same as a Hemi V8 but with better fuel economy
Unless you want to pay $80k, you ain't getting a Hemi. That Turbo V6 has over 400 lbs of TQ, its no slouch.

·
Premium Member
34,361 Posts
Unless you want to pay $80k, you ain't getting a Hemi. That Turbo V6 has over 400 lbs of TQ, its no slouch.
I personally would not buy anything like this for the United States, So it would be somethi used for Africa, and simple to fix, a defender or an old school jeep or land cruiser.. Toyota’s tend to have too many computers for the Bush… so , it’s a defender most likely… otherwise, if you are in town… get a regular car.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Yep, and those Nano TTV6 engines have flatter torque curves that often shame bigger V8 engines. All else being equal I'd take a less complex V8 as would most enthusiasts, but to suggest that the 2.7EB isn't an excellent engine is peak fanboy!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yep, and those Nano TTV6 engines have flatter torque curves that often shame bigger V8 engines. All else being equal I'd take a less complex V8 as would most enthusiasts, but to suggest that the 2.7EB isn't an excellent engine is peak fanboy!
Money shouldn't be a issue when it comes to getting what you want.

·
Premium Member
6,284 Posts
It's not better period
I'm just curious how many TTV6 Fords you have owned, to support your opinion................ period. :D

130K on mine. Still love it as much today as the day I bought it. Once you have had REAL right off idle torque, it is hard to drive anything else.

BTW, that is 130K miles of 100% reliability. Until the woman with the suspended license turned right in front of my son, it had never been down a day in it's life.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Do tell....
You should
I'm just curious how many TTV6 Fords you have owned, to support your opinion................ period. :D

130K on mine. Still love it as much today as the day I bought it. Once you have had REAL right off idle torque, it is hard to drive anything else.

BTW, that is 130K miles of 100% reliability. Until the woman with the suspended license turned right in front of my son, it had never been down a day in it's life.
Funny you ask, don't care what crap motor Ford puts in what ever car or truck. I ant buying it!

GM or nothing! I don't know why this is so complicated? There's only one car company that I recognize.

GM.

Anymore questions?

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
You should

Funny you ask, don't care what crap motor Ford puts in what ever car or truck. I ant buying it!

GM or nothing! I don't know why this is so complicated? There's only one car company that I recognize.

GM.

Anymore questions?
Why would there be, there is zero substance to question.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts