·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old dog, new tricks.
MotorTrend
October 8th, 2014
By: Angus MacKenzie

We've all done it: Reluctantly gone to that movie the girlfriend desperately wanted to see, or hit that unknown bar someone insisted was the place to be on game day. And, occasionally, we've walked out smiling because we didn't know the movie happened to be set in a tropical resort filled with bikini-clad supermodels, or that the bar served our favorite, hard-to-find craft beer. It's a bit like that with the 2015 Ford Expedition EL: You'll approach it with low expectations, and come away slightly surprised.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Last generation, Suburban was the clear winner, despite the awful third row.

This generation, Suburban has been uglified, the Expedition hasn't gotten any uglier, and at least the Expedition has a usable third row.

Reactions: camaro_freak

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts

This generation, Suburban has been uglified, the Expedition hasn't gotten any uglier, and at least the Expedition has a usable third row.
That's pretty subjective. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the GM SUVs maintain their significant sales lead in this segment. That will tell us just how ugly these trucks are.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Suburban might be newer and with better materials and newer technology, but the Expedition looks really good. I wouldn't mind having one in the garage.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts

My wife bought a 2015 Suburban and we're loving it. Since 'uglified' is subjective, I can only submit my own subjective assessment and state that we really like the styling.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I give Ford credit for the IRS and for making as many changes as they have. But as far as sales, it and the Gator are getting crushed by GM. But then again, so is everyone else. If Ford can lighten the trucks to some degree, if it already drives better, accelerates harder, and carries/pulls more, they will have a legitimate contender.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
That's pretty subjective. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if the GM SUVs maintain their significant sales lead in this segment. That will tell us just how ugly these trucks are.
GMC is terrible as well.

If they put the Silverado and Sierra front ends on the SUVs, they would look great. I think the GM trucks are just fantastic looking (the front ends, at least), so I can't believe how awful the SUVs look in comparison.

As far as the sales lead... I'd love to know how many retail Tahoes and Suburbans Chevy sells.

Reactions: camaro_freak

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,300 Posts
GM's so dominant in this segment that I almost forget other makers offer similar vehicles.
And that's not going to change anytime soon.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
Night and day better, but should be priced at $59k not 69k. I know these are bigger, but that's GL territory.

I like the Denali better, just wish they would have switched to IRS and fixed the third row issue like Ford has.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.