GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Diesel anything ain't so good right now. Fortunately I sold mine last year.
But wait it out... what went up will go down.
Man you ain't kidding, over 6 dollars per gallon right now in my state, add in DEF and yikes! I don't care if they get 40 miles to the gallon which we all know most people with the baby diesel are lucky to see an average over 20 mpg, i get almost 23 with my 6.2 gasser on the highway so no, 27 mpg is not very impressive to me when the fuel is nearing double the cost of reg unleaded here in Massachusetts.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I don't think that's remotely true (barring towing). Via a year of observation of numerous forums, it seems like most are getting better than their rating.

8500 miles to date and I'm averaging high 23s, low 24s with basically no highway time, in the most congested state in the U.S.. Best so far was when I had 1 week of commuting via the Parkway (about 30 mins 1-way total) and my best hit 26.4. (My combination is rated 22/26). This motor gets solidly over 20 with ease.
And at double the price of gasoline in my area, any increases which are minimal are completely negated. Too bad they didn't make the baby diesel earlier, right now the government seems to be forcing people out of them if you ask me. Been driving for over 3 decades now and never remembered the gap between gasoline and diesel prices being this much, i don't know maybe i just wasn't paying attention.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts