1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
I how Kia expects this thing to do? The interior certainly is run of the mill and unimpresive. It'll be interesting though to see how it sells in this anti-SUV climate.....

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I see these collecting dust on the lots.

When I think "Kia", I think "small, cheap, disposable car"...not something like this.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
I would love to know why KIA is advertising any of their vehicles as being luxury...

I thought that the Luxury element was being left to Hyundai...

-Chase

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I would love to know why KIA is advertising any of their vehicles as being luxury...

I thought that the Luxury element was being left to Hyundai...

-Chase
Exactly. If this were a Hyundai, it would be more appropriate to use "luxury SUV" in the ad. As a Kia, they should use something that emphasizes value.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
I how Kia expects this thing to do? The interior certainly is run of the mill and unimpresive. It'll be interesting though to see how it sells in this anti-SUV climate.....
I think the interior looks spectacular for a Kia, personally. The exterior isn't great, but it's not bad either. More importantly, it's less of a blatant rip off of other automakers than many other Hyundai and Kia models.

It has 276 horsepower 5 speed auto V6, 337 horsepower 6 speed auto V8 and gets decent gas mileage for the class. Starts at $27,000 for the V6 and tops out at $37,000 (leather, navigation or DVD, and all the normal doodads) for a loaded V8. I'd say it's an excellent competitor to the Explorer, 4Runner, Pathfinder, and Trailblazer. Too bad it's 5 years too late to be a sales success.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
i drove buy Fucillo Kia in Greece, NY, and, imo, it looked way better than in the pics i've seen. I might have to stop by there one day.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Although it may just be a rumor, but I heard that the Borrego, known as Mohave in Korea is a hit in its domestic market, but I too, agree that it will NEVER succeed here in the US. If Kia have sold this car in US about 6 or 7 years ago, provided that the reputation isn't as bad as it was then, they would have had some chance, but I highly doubt anyone will be interested in this SUV. There is also a rumor that the full-size Pickup Truck is planned based on this Borrego if the sales are good, though I doubt it. To me, only possible customers for the Borrego in US will probably be the newly immigrated Korean Americans who saw the car in Korea and wants to drive it in the States as well. It will never win Non-Korean customers. Even if there is American buyers, the numbers will be really small.

I am kinda waiting for their 2010 'Soul' to arrive in the States. which is kinda, DIFFERENT, though small, to see how it does.

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
I think if anyone is going to buy a fullsize SUV now, it's going to be something more reputable, dependable, and/or luxurious than a Kia SUV.

Borrego is fail.

And who the heck thought Borrego was a good name? Holy crap.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Borrego isn't full size. Its a Pathfinder 4Runner Explorer size. I drove one, and I'm simply impressed. Kia grew up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts