GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Important improvements for a luxury-sedan leader.
Car & Driver
October 2014
By: Jens Meiners

When we first saw pictures of the face-lifted 2016 Audi A6, we weren't immediately thrilled. One of the brand's more conservative designs looked to have received a lukewarm makeover to the styling it has worn since the current generation arrived as a 2012 model. Yes, the A6’s flowing lines are popular with customers, but to our eyes they always lacked tension, falling just short of Audi’s standards. There was little elegance in the details; its LED headlights were somewhat crude, the overbite of the taillights downright strange.

Audi has cleaned up these details, added rectangular exhaust outlets, and left the rest alone. Now having seen the revised car in person, we are pleasantly surprised. The inner workings of the headlights are subtly handsome, the lower front air intakes look better resolved, and the taillights are more tidily integrated. Audi also added several new, more appealing wheel styles. Without touching the sheetmetal, the designers made a somewhat stale shape more elegant. More importantly, this midterm update goes deeper, improving one of our favorite sedans (it has notched three 10Best appearances and two recent comparison-test victories) in significant ways.

Our first drive in Germany showed that, dynamically, the A6 remains much as it was, a finely hewn road machine that can reward a driver on his favorite back lanes or carry company out for a night on the town in style and comfort. It’s the powertrain upgrades that raise the car’s game to match the crisper appearance.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
389 Posts
nice car. I love the previous generation and this one looks to be even better

Reactions: 377Z

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
Meh. I've said it before and I'll say it again, CTS is the best car in this segment. End of story.
An S6 is roomier, smoother-riding, and comes with AWD and a V8 with a 360° cohesive design.

Assuming you're not whipping your car around a track, where I'm sure an S6 would be plenty comfortable, I see no way the CTS is the clear leader.

·
Registered
11,998 Posts
An S6 is roomier, smoother-riding, and comes with AWD and a V8 with a 360° cohesive design.

Assuming you're not whipping your car around a track, where I'm sure an S6 would be plenty comfortable, I see no way the CTS is the clear leader.
The S6 would be awesome, but for the sake of relative pricing, the A6 2.0T/3.0 range is more in line with the CTS, I'm guessing for both financing and lease options - at least I'd be very surprised if the S6 could be leased comparably to any current CTS.

·
Registered
13,172 Posts
Wouldn't want to own one without a warranty yet it is a nice vehicle. I personally prefer the s7 or even the A7 s trim.

I see a lot more A7 s than A6 s these days.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts

S6 is another song, it's a nice car. And if we are going that way, the VSport will clean up that expensive VW. :D

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Wouldn't want to own one without a warranty yet it is a nice vehicle. I personally prefer the s7 or even the A7 s trim.

I see a lot more A7 s than A6 s these days.
Yep, any VW if you ask me. "That's the power of German Engineering".

·
Registered
19,265 Posts
The S6 would be awesome, but for the sake of relative pricing, the A6 2.0T/3.0 range is more in line with the CTS, I'm guessing for both financing and lease options - at least I'd be very surprised if the S6 could be leased comparably to any current CTS.
Comparably equipped, there's less than a $10,000 difference between either.

A week apart, I was quoted on a $90,000 S6 and $70,000 Vsport both at $1,300/mo.

S6 is another song, it's a nice car. And if we are going that way, the VSport will clean up that expensive VW. :D
Except it has AWD and is more comfortable as a car you drive every day.

I don't know about that. The S6 is a monster...
...no.

The Vsport lives for the track, which is why it isn't a class-leading luxury car.

track≠street

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Comparably equipped, there's less than a $10,000 difference between either.

A week apart, I was quoted on a $90,000 S6 and $70,000 Vsport both at $1,300/mo.

Except it has AWD and is more comfortable as a car you drive every day.

...no.

The Vsport lives for the track, which is why it isn't a class-leading luxury car.

track≠street
Can you? Well you will be able to drive the loaner that will replace your car almost all year. :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts