GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riling the Segment, Yet Again, With More Than Mere Looks.
MotorTrend
By: Nate Martinez
December 8, 2014

Nissan's provocative crossover is back at it. The 2015 Murano possesses unparalleled looks within its familiar cohort, and it's been that way since 2002. On a handful of levels, its lines are a hodgepodge. On others, they're as cohesive as water. But as they were when the striking model arrived more than a decade ago, overall the deep, carefully sculpted character lines and heritable cues are evocative. Like it or not, within the hyper-competitive segment, designer Ken Lee's vision is progressive.

Just as in 2002, the form prompts immediate curiosity. "What is that?" people will surely ask. "Wait, that's a Nissan?" they might add. Choose any combination of four available trims (S, SV, SL, Platinum) and two drivetrains (Intelligent all-wheel or front-wheel drive) and the Murano will certainly make nearby vehicles look as if they've aged 10 years. Call it the Murano Effect.

Full article available at link.

·
Registered
16,689 Posts

that

is

awful

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,303 Posts
What is it with these guys?
They have some pretty good looking vehicles, so I know they're capable of making things that don't look like ass.

·
Registered
160 Posts
A lot of CUVs look the same now a days. So I find this OK in shape and design. I would drive this or any other vehicle if it handled and drove well. Albeit, if it is my money..... I would choose something else.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Out of all the vehicles I've owned, and I've many, the Murano I had was by far and away the least reliable that I have ever owned.
My mechanic said that was common.
Was your Murano the first generation model, Suns_PSD?

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
It gets good reports on handling. It has more space for the customers, even approaching Soul rear footroom dimensions, a Cd of .31 is about a miracle for a block like the wagons of today, and the styling--as always a personal taste issue--is modernistic, swoopy, compound-curved with a strake down the side distinguish the car from a dozen other similar-size similar-shape doods on the road.

One thing I appreciate is attention to detail inside, and more cubbys is always welcome.

Probably a pretty nice drive, tester says they paid attention to handling which is Job #1 IMO.

Waiting on a comparo of the medium wagons to see how it shakes out vs. its competitors.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The front is ruined by that stupid extension jutting out from the headlight.

Here's my attempt to fix it:

It looks much better like that IMHO.
So, did you apply a similar 'fix' to the Suburban/Tahoe?!

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts
All in all I really like it.
I had a feeling you might...Side-sculpting and such!

Personally, I'm not a fan, as it seems a bit overdone, but I'm not having the convulsions over it that other people here are having.

Besides, I've seen the Toyota Mirai in person, so I already know what true ugliness is!

Reactions: johnstarnes
1 - 20 of 23 Posts