GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 Fiat 500X first drive review
Decent styling, a well-judged interior and good practicality means Fiat's 500X is a worthy entrant on your compact crossover shortlist
by Richard Bremner
17 November 2014

What is it?

The 2015 Fiat 500X is a compact crossover extension of the 500 family that's ranged against the Nissan Juke, Peugeot 2008, Renault Captur and Vauxhall Mokka.

At its heart the 500X shares a platform and mechanical hardware with its cousin, the Jeep Renegade, although the Jeep carries an extra strengthening cross-member to support its potentially more arduous off-roading duties.

Most buyers will choose one of the front-wheel-drive versions, although the Fiat is, nevertheless, available with an on-demand all-wheel-drive system. The all-wheel drive model is badged 500X Cross Plus, and there’s a 500X Cross version that shares the same look – faux skid plates and bumpers that allow more acute approach and departure angles – but with front-drive.

Should I buy one?

The magic of the 500 supermini’s style translates more convincingly to a crossover than it did to the awkward 500L MPV.

The 500X’s cabin is well-judged too – it’s clearly related to the 500’s with its body-coloured facia insert, jewel-like pushbuttons and stylish upholstery, but with a maturely classy aura besides.

Just as important is the cabin space, which is ample at the front, rear and in the boot, the 500X’s scale being closer to crossovers from the segment above rather than the Juke and Captur that it’s ranged against.

CONTINUE AT AUTOCAR.CO.UK

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I actually kinda like it, a lot. I like strange vehicles and this lives up to that, but it also looks good.

·
Premium Member
36,291 Posts
Is every new Fiat for the N/A market now going to be named 500?
Yes. 500 new models in 500 months, that's the goal.

I have no comment, other than the dashboard looks like it's 1990 again.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts