1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
845 Posts
Sounds good so far. I'd like to hear what the likes of the editors at Car and Driver, or dare I say the hosts of Top Gear will have to say about it.

All in all, it is a beautiful car. If I could have one, I'd take it in red with the stock ZR1 wheels done in black. Someday...

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i love the first part, wish I could drive one!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Jalopnik said:
The real magic of the ZR1 isn't that it's capable of any of the above, though. It's that it will make you forget all of its intimidating performance figures and fancy technology the second you take a corner at speed. Despite all the headline numbers, this car isn't about power, it's about handling.
GM, put this suspension on the base and Z06 Vettes. Heck, put the magneto-rheological shocks on the G8, Camaro, and Alpha while you're at it. I'd gladly pay thousands for these goods on my next car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds good so far. I'd like to hear what the likes of the editors at Car and Driver, or dare I say the hosts of Top Gear will have to say about it.

All in all, it is a beautiful car. If I could have one, I'd take it in red with the stock ZR1 wheels done in black. Someday...
C&D should adore the thing. Remember, they're notorious for giving the win to the car that is easiest to drive at the limit even if it doesn't have the best numbers, and that sounds like that description fits the zr1 perfectly.

·
Premium Member
8,886 Posts
C&D should adore the thing. Remember, they're notorious for giving the win to the car that is easiest to drive at the limit even if it doesn't have the best numbers, and that sounds like that description fits the zr1 perfectly.
Both Motor Trend and Car & Driver have their reviews up. And, yes, they love it, too.

GM should put that magnetic ride control suspension on all their Cadillacs as standard and have select other cars -- Camaro, G8, etc. -- have it as an option. I'd love to be able to take my car from "sport" to "luxury" with a twist of a dial. And for some cars, like the (hopefully) forthcoming DTS/STS replacement it would be exactly the right thing so that one car can suit those who want a softer suspension and those that desire something a bit more fun.

I do hope GM puts the suspension on the Z06 as well. It deserves it.

As to your comment re: the ZR1, hasn't it shown itself to have the best numbers? Perhaps not fastest top speed, but overall performance as judged from the 'ring seems to show it's class leading.

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
The ZR1 in bright red is seriously one of the best looking cars EVER. I thinking top 10 at least.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was referring to the speculation about the gtr spec-v or whatever its called, and also any price based comparisons to the existing gtr. While the zr1 does have the best numbers now, there seems to be a ridiculous amount of nitpicking about them from the nissan fanboys.

·
Premium Member
34,378 Posts
they should have recaro design the C7 seats. After interior upgrades with Leather stiched by the french and Carbon Fibres center console for 2008, seats are the only place left to critisize corvettes

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Time to begin my life of crime.

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Is the ZR1 a boulevard cruiser or will it actually compete on the track? I, most likely in the minority, would spend my money on a Z-06 or a Z-51 convertible.

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,109 Posts
Dang, this thing's numbers are similar to a Ferrari Enzo for 1/6th the money. God bless America.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Absolutely beautiful. If only GM could put the same effort into the volume cars.
I was just thinking the same thing. I guess it's the trickle-down effect, but it would be nice if the bottom-rung were class leading, then people would actually want to aspire again to GM's top models. I'm glad the ZR-1 is awesome! It had to be to support that price. Great job!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts