GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I must say all the changes on the 2009 are quite wonderful. I absolutely love this new colour for 2009! Picked this one up today and the bluetooth and all other gadgets work great. I love the soundtrack on this engine, although not the 3.6 DI.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Oh wow, what a nice color. Its not particularly one I would buy for myself, but it is certainly an unusual color.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Gorgeous car! (Try to have your front license plate re-mounted lower--it really enhances that awesomely beautiful front-end!) :tup::

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh wow, what a nice color. Its not particularly one I would buy for myself, but it is certainly an unusual color.
Was told it was the first to be shipped in this colour. Its a $1,500 option and it looks fantastic. It seems to change between gold, silver and blue depending on the sunlight. I must say I am in love with the colour.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Great colour, looks very nice on the CTS. I'll have to keep an eye open to see if it passes by!

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great colour, looks very nice on the CTS. I'll have to keep an eye open to see if it passes by!
I wouldn't be surprised if you do... I believe I heard you say at some point you saw a few of our pre-production vehicles (such as the Acadia a year ago).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if you do... I believe I heard you say at some point you saw a few of our pre-production vehicles (such as the Acadia a year ago).
Yup, now that I've moved a bit closer to the school, I can see the Simcoe/Conlin corner perfectly from my room. I've spotted many recent intro's. At one point a few months ago, I even saw 4 HHR SS's at the light (two going north, one south, and one going west)! A couple G8's, a GTO, a train of CTS 4's (last summer), etc.

I have to sort out a little bit of a work 'dispute' before I can pick up a new (to me) car for myself (was planning on it being this fall, but I may postpone it until next spring), but I'd bet having a new car (a very classy one at that) is a great feeling. The CTS is a great car, with my favourite GM interior, and is mechanically competent. Did you opt for the manual or auto? Either way, congrats!

·
Registered
609 Posts
fp115,

Congratulations on getting your brand new CTS. I, like most of the others who have replied to this thread already, love the color. Beautiful car. Let us know how it drives.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, now that I've moved a bit closer to the school, I can see the Simcoe/Conlin corner perfectly from my room. I've spotted many recent intro's. At one point a few months ago, I even saw 4 HHR SS's at the light (two going north, one south, and one going west)! A couple G8's, a GTO, a train of CTS 4's (last summer), etc.

I have to sort out a little bit of a work 'dispute' before I can pick up a new (to me) car for myself (was planning on it being this fall, but I may postpone it until next spring), but I'd bet having a new car (a very classy one at that) is a great feeling. The CTS is a great car, with my favourite GM interior, and is mechanically competent. Did you opt for the manual or auto? Either way, congrats!
North Oshawa and Whitby will see quite a few of those caliber vehicles. Much better than living down south Oshawa. Are you living on campus residence?

It is unfortunately an automatic, but I love the 6 speed auto on it. The shifting on it is rather smooth and quick. In sports mode, the manual actually acts as it should though minus the clutch. I am sure when the engine is worked in a little more it will be able to be put through its paces.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
North Oshawa and Whitby will see quite a few of those caliber vehicles. Much better than living down south Oshawa. Are you living on campus residence?

It is unfortunately an automatic, but I love the 6 speed auto on it. The shifting on it is rather smooth and quick. In sports mode, the manual actually acts as it should though minus the clutch. I am sure when the engine is worked in a little more it will be able to be put through its paces.
Living in one of the Tribute homes... You know, the ones with the troublemaking students and what not:rolleyes:. Did the residence thing first year, which was great for meeting people. Since then, lived with classmates (from Auto, Mech, and Nuke). Just moved to a house with 5 car parking (rare for the area). Cheaper overall, and you end up with more space (mainly for my cars and tools :D). They are putting up some nice 3/6 person res-style townhouses on the west side of campus, but again, quite expensive for what they are (~650 per month).

The 6L-series automatics seem to be VERY well done transmissions, so I would not be disappointed with one, either (the 6T-series transmissions seemed to get a little lost every once in a while). The only problem I've seen with with conventional automatics in manual mode has been the downshifting (slow, slushy, not very direct).

·
Registered
803 Posts
That color looks stunning...I like it too!

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Living in one of the Tribute homes... You know, the ones with the troublemaking students and what not:rolleyes:. Did the residence thing first year, which was great for meeting people. Since then, lived with classmates (from Auto, Mech, and Nuke). Just moved to a house with 5 car parking (rare for the area). Cheaper overall, and you end up with more space (mainly for my cars and tools :D). They are putting up some nice 3/6 person res-style townhouses on the west side of campus, but again, quite expensive for what they are (~650 per month).

The 6L-series automatics seem to be VERY well done transmissions, so I would not be disappointed with one, either (the 6T-series transmissions seemed to get a little lost every once in a while). The only problem I've seen with with conventional automatics in manual mode has been the downshifting (slow, slushy, not very direct).
Oh you live in there. I remember not even 5 years ago, it was all farm land by Windfield Farms. How things change, the area used to be so rural now its getting to be louder and with the 407 coming just north it will be crazy. Thankfully you don't try living in Ottawa, $650 for something good is about the average price.

I can't such much about the tranny as of late, but it seems the more you play with it the more neat features you find. Switch the knob to the right and it jumps into sport mode and unless you try to shift it will stay automatic. Sport mode has longer shifts and feels dramatically different and sportier. Take off traction control and again it feels slightly more different around the corners and give it a bit too much gas and you feel the rear want to have a bit of fun. I think winter tires will be a must on these, the sports package seems to come with summer tires.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think I saw one of this colour parked opposite the Engineering Centre (couldn't quite tell, sun wasn't shining enough to make it glisten like in your pictures!)... Among a slew of G8's, a SAAB 9-3 Turbo X, SS/TC, and others. Congrats again, and enjoy!

·
Registered
8,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think I saw one of this colour parked opposite the Engineering Centre (couldn't quite tell, sun wasn't shining enough to make it glisten like in your pictures!)... Among a slew of G8's, a SAAB 9-3 Turbo X, SS/TC, and others. Congrats again, and enjoy!
That would be it ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts