GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We weren't really under the impression that the Corvette ZR1 was lacking anything. It's got the whole package - the power, looks, and even a (relatively) decent price tag. Apparently South African designer Idries Noah saw something much more and came up with his incredible design using the ZR1 as a platform. If you recognize the name, it's because Idries also came up with the unofficial Ferrari F250 Concept that we drooled over back in December. His latest design, dubbed the Fireblade, takes inspiration from the Stingray Corvette, Gillet Vertigo, and Shelby Daytona. Like the ZR1, it features the supercharged LS9 V8 displayed for the world to see under the clear portion of the hood. The result is a very attractive combination, and it's a shame that the car exists only in the digital world. Perhaps, like the Vandenbrink 599 GTO, enough people with excessive amounts of discretionary income will be interested in the design enough to consider a production version.

Gallery: Fireblade Concept by Idries Noah

[Source: SeriousWheels.com via WorldCarFans.com] and http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/06/fireblade-concept-makes-for-a-hotter-zr1/

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
wow..that thing is hardcore.

corvette though? meh, I think the rear end (while classy) is too oddly mishaped and high up to be corvette...

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Nice that thing looks great. as far as it being like a corvette I don't know about that. As stated before the rear end is misshapen and too high up to be considered a vette. That little gripe aside if This thing were real (instead of a digital drawing) I'd pay to test drive it

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Holy, this is ridiculously beautiful. It's modern, its artsy, and as someone else said... it's hardcore. I don't think there has been a Corvette with this much style since the original.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
At first I didn't like the design of the rear, but I'm getting used to it. I did notice that the engine in the rendering says 6.1L though.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
I'm thinking next gen Cadillac XLR-V. Anyone else?

This thing as a Cadillac would definitely run with AMG and Aston Martin, etc.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
That thing looks like it could eat Lamborghini, Ferrari & Porsche all in one sitting......:drive:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
It looks way to much like a Tesla(which I hate!). This thing is not a firebird in the least IMO. It dosent look bad, but it deffinatly isnt a Firebird!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Second gen Viper with a Tesla rear end. Looks nice, but doesn't win any originality points.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
It kind of reminds me of the cars made by TVR.:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts