GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
106 Posts
Look at how they did it in the past...

The GTO is obviously an upscale pseudo-executives hot rod. The Firebird/Trans Am's were comfortable better looking (imo) camaro's that hauled *** for a low price.

GTO should be 32-34k.

Base V6 bird should be... lets say 18-19k. Forget the formula this time around. Trans Am's start at 23-24k and a fully loaded WS6 would cost around 30-32k like it used to.

It really is possible to make the GTO and the Birds 2 totally different animals. Just use your imagination.

· Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by actionjack@May 18 2004, 01:29 PM
To describe the SS and the WS6 in there appearance would be to say the SS looks like it can kick your a$$ and the WS6 looks like it is coming to kick your a$$.
That's freakin brilliant. :lol:

Seriously though guys, they really are 2 different animals. It's like saying the Grand Prix and the Grand Am/G6 both aren't needed because they're both just FWD sedans. Another example would be the old malibu to the impala I suppose.

· Registered
106 Posts
Go sit in the corner. Now. 1 hour. And wear the helmet. :eek:

I don't know what you're on man but the 3rd and 4th gen F-bodies looked NOTHING like each other, aside from general shape. Go look at a bird, and then a camaro. Front side, back side, side view, I don't care. You can't convince me that you can mix the two up.

Friggin asinine. It's okay to sell over 5 different types of rebadged blazers but dear god we can't have 2 RWD coupes. <_<

On another note... the G6 is a front drive 6 banger. It will NOT nor will it EVER take the place of a firebird or even dream of touching it.

· Registered
106 Posts
Well ya know what? Pontiac guys can't have their birds, then chevy guys can't have their camaros. And as far as I'm aware a new camaro is just a pipe dream anyhow because of the CAW.

:argue:

Edit: and who's to say that all the bird fans will just go out and buy a camaro? hell with that. if gm wants to **** me over like that i'll go buy a stang.

· Registered
106 Posts
Because the GTO is well over 30 grand and the Camaro would be much much less. Why not have the same option for Pontiac guys?

What the HELL do you have against firebirds anyways? :argue:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.