GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by salbracht@May 18 2004, 01:13 PM
Chevy does need the Camaro. They no longer have a player in the muscle-car segment. (I love the Corvette - but it is in another class.)

But as long as Pontiac has the GTO, the Firebird is unnecessary. I expect the Camaro and GTO to basically be twins... not necessarilly looking as close as the Camaro and Firebirds looked, but sharing the same platform, engine, etc.
I'd rather have a Firebird over a Soltice anyday.

The problem with the GTO is it's way out of any non-Financially stable person's reach. I see Mustang LX's for 12K now, and GT are somewhere around 18-25K depending on features.

The GTO is 32? 33? 34K? I've even seen Mach 1's for 25.8K.....so really their not reaching the same audience.

I like the GTO, but if someone tells me I can have a 05 Mustang w/300 hp, and a 0-60 time of 5.2. Then someone tells me I can have a GTO w/350 hp, and a 0-60 time of 5.2 or 5.3. After I find out there is a 7K+ difference in price.....I'd have to go with a 05 Mustang.

The only problem that a Firebird would present is that it would hurt GTO sales, and Pontiac would cancel them both anyways.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.