GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When is GM going to lower the interests rates on the malibu? The lowest is 5.9% and that isn't great considering the current economic climate.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
When is GM going to lower the interests rates on the malibu? The lowest is 5.9% and that isn't great considering the current economic climate.
When sales slow down?

Try your credit union or a bank for a better interest rate.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
yeah, sister recently bought a car.
lowest credit unions had were 5.99
But sis has good FICO score and got 4.99%
Run a credit check on yourself- and get your own FICO score. then you can figure out how good you look to the lenders.
like you said- with the current status of the mortgage industry... many lenders are being cautious I think...

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Not for a while...still getting them on lots is more of an issue.

Just finance elsewhere. At the time we were buying ours, the dealer was offering everyone 5.9% through a local bank (not even that great, really), but I got my mother 4.99% through a credit union.

Most dealers can be even more competitive, working with a lot of different banks to get you a rate--it just won't be through GM.

·
Registered
64 Posts
5.9% is actually a very good rate if there's no special financing being offered. That's pretty much in the neighborhood of the lowest you'll find through the manufacturer's financial services.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was able to receive a $750 manufacturer rebate today if I had done traditional financing. But, since I chose to do the SmartBuy, they wouldn't allow it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts