GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I really, really, really like the exterior of this car. Enough to consider buying it.

But the interior is terrible. Honestly terrible.

And Pontiac's website is slow as **** when selecting options, and far more confusing than it needs to be. The premise is cool, but it needs work.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I really, really, really like the exterior of this car. Enough to consider buying it.

But the interior is terrible. Honestly terrible.

And Pontiac's website is slow as **** when selecting options, and far more confusing than it needs to be. The premise is cool, but it needs work.
I agree on all counts. The exterior looks quite good and surprsingly, better in person than in pictures. But the interior, with its toylike over-the-top styling, looks far too much like Pontiac interiors of the mid to late '90s. There's not a competitor on the market with an uglier, less tasteful interior. Also, Pontiac's site still has some kinks. I tried building a 2.4 model and it did not give me the choice of a wheel upgrade even though one is available. There are very few photos of the car and most that are there are artsy stylized photos that are of no use to a potential buyer. The same goes for the G8 on the site.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I was trying to build some cars on the website, and it was going so slow, not loaded correctly, not finished by the designers, that I had to leave out of irritation.

Flashy websites only work insofar as they retain functionality. The Pontiac website fails miserably in terms of functionality, therefore defeating the purpose of the flashiness.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
I'm gonna stop by the Pontiac dealer tomorrow and see if they have a GT in stock I could test drive. It's a deal being $3000 cheaper fully loaded than an Identically equipped Matrix. This car is on my short list along w/ an 09 Lancer GTS.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
What's the deal with this thing? Does GM actually help in the engineering in this or is this just rebadging?
In the first generation Toyota designed everything(except the radio) right down to the Pontiac reskin. In this generation it is once again all Toyota under the skin(save for the radio), but I'm not sure who did the styling this time.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
In the first generation Toyota designed everything(except the radio) right down to the Pontiac reskin. In this generation it is once again all Toyota under the skin(save for the radio), but I'm not sure who did the styling this time.
It's good for Pontiac that the Matrix looks like utter ****.

Th exterior of the Pontiac looks fantastic. I really love the GT model, but for practicality, I'd need the AWD, and the fuel economy (frmo what I can get out of Pontiac's terrible website) is pretty dismal. The interior of both the Matrix and the Vibe are an embarrassment. Definitely not much, if any, of an improvement.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I think the vibe needs to get rid of the column/dash mounted shifter and add the 2.0L turbocharged engine from the Chevrolet Cobalt. Those Toyota engines are gutless...maybe the 2.4L will be okay since it moves around the fat ass camry.

The Vibe and Matrix look better this time. I think the Pontiac looks the best, but I am not a fan of the Toyota 1.8L engine. The gas mileage isn't all that good and the power output is pathetic. The Vibe is heavier than the original, so I think that the 2.4L Ecotec or the 2.0L Turbo should be mated with the Toyota transmissions.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
It's good for Pontiac that the Matrix looks like utter ****.

Th exterior of the Pontiac looks fantastic. I really love the GT model, but for practicality, I'd need the AWD, and the fuel economy (frmo what I can get out of Pontiac's terrible website) is pretty dismal. The interior of both the Matrix and the Vibe are an embarrassment. Definitely not much, if any, of an improvement.
Yes the mpg of the awd sucks, and you have to get the old 4 speed auto if you want awd. As for the interior, IMO it's a definite improvement over the previous generation(which I currently own), it's much nicer in person than it looks in pictures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.