Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Premium Member
36,289 Posts
No worries!! All the Manchester United stars drive Caddys anyway!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::fall::lmao:

They love their Cadillacs!

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
So if a Brit was so inclined, could he still buy a Cadillac? Are there any importers? Or does this finally and officially end Cadillac's pitiful existence in the UK? And what about continental Europe? Are there any true dealerships anywhere, or are there just random importers that allow in a trickle?

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
So if a Brit was so inclined, could he still buy a Cadillac? Are there any importers? Or does this finally and officially end Cadillac's pitiful existence in the UK? And what about continental Europe? Are there any true dealerships anywhere, or are there just random importers that allow in a trickle?
Yes, we could buy one from mainland Europe and import it personally, as they only tried to sell LHD in the UK the specification is identical - possibly cheaper than Bauer Millet were selling at - but any warranty issues would be even more difficult.

Bauer Millet's closure does mean that the trickle of LHD Camaro and Corvettes will end as well - they weren't included in the Chevrolet brand withdrawal - although like Cadillac they could be imported personally from mainland Europe if it was a "must have".

Running a car dealership where sales weren't measured in cars/month but months/car can never really have been profitable.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
Yes, we could buy one from mainland Europe and import it personally...
Thanks for the info. Are there any physical dealerships in Europe? Russia? I thought that the Netherlands-based importer had closed shop, and that a Swiss-based one that was planned to replace them stopped before they even started...?

EDIT:

Took a look myself, Cadillac has a European website, and at a glance it would seem that there are a handful of dealers per country:

http://www.cadillaceurope.com/en/#/sales-and-service

They list three in the UK (Bauer Millett & Co. Ltd., Manchester; Ian Allan Motors, Virginia Water; and STRATSTONE PDI CENTRE, Milton Keynes), but if these are all closed, I wonder how up-to-date the listings are for the other countries...

Arrrrrgh, the site is translated into English, Italian, French, and Spanish, but not German, even though Germany has the most dealerships listed? Sheesh, talk about a dog-and-pony show! They're doing more damage than good to the brand for a handful of sales.

Check out this screenshot of their 'Philosophy' page:

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Product Grille

Anyone see something wrong...?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wouldn't believe anything that's written on that page. Remember when I posted picture of new CTS engine-bay with TwinTurbo badges? The problem was TT is not even offered in Europe. There was also a Slovenian dealership that still cannot spell word Cadillac properly. There are 'dealers' that still have Cadillac BLS and old-SRX in their offerings. The truth is 60% of the dealers listed on cadillaceurope.com don't exist anymore (as Cadillac dealers) and they shouldn't be mentioned on official's manufacturer's page. Moreover, the service spots (basics of brand's existence anywhere) don't cover Cadillac warranties nor know anything about newest Cadillacs - go an check posts of angry Europeans at cadillacforums that were looking for help - Opel multi franchise service didn't want to help them. If Cadillac sales and customer care looks like this, I don't want to hear about Cadillac in Europe at all.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yup, nothing like showing pictures of your old models that aren't for sale anymore...
60% of the mentioned on cadillaceurope.com 'dealers' don't sell Cadillacs anymore and some of them have old-gen SRX and BLS Cadillacs on their webpages. At least the previous-gen CTS cars are still sitting unused preserved with dust at some low-rent Opel dealers. So if somebody wants a new one, it can be bought.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
In another thread it was mentioned that De Nysschen stated that Cadillac would not re-attempt Europe until 2019... if that's the case, I find it embarrassing that they are leaving these dealerships, websites and cars rotting. All of the focus of our discussion the past few weeks has been on Cadillac's IMAGE, and how important it is to a luxury brand... and no one at Cadillac is thinking ahead to when they will want to exist in Europe again?

The website should be shut down, or at least reduced to a window on Cadillac global, with no mention of their recent failures in Europe. All signage at Opel or other dealerships should be removed, and the cars either returned to the US or destroyed, or sold at auction in Russia, anything to make them disappear. Cadillac needs to stop fiddling about with carpet samples for their new offices and think seriously about the future of their brand. If they want to reintroduce in Europe in 2019, they should already have a good chunk of their planning done for it. 2019 is tomorrow in the automotive world.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
If they want to reintroduce in Europe in 2019, they should already have a good chunk of their planning done for it. 2019 is tomorrow in the automotive world.
General Mismanaged Standard Operational Procedure Manual.

Mary Barra: Stefan, when can I see the final Cadillac business plan for Europe?
Johan De Nysschen: Mañana
Mary Barra: Great! I see you mañana.

This is just getting ridiculous. How about you Johan getting off your back side? Stop giving those ridiculous daily interviews, get your hand off it, and for a change do some work for crying out loud.

The interviews can wait, your interviews are not selling any cars.

GM European report:
Chevrolet - fail
Saab - fail
Cadillac - fail
GM/Fiat - fail
Opel - TBC

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
This is just getting ridiculous. How about you Johan getting off your back side? Stop giving those ridiculous daily interviews, get your hand off it, and for a change do some work for crying out loud.

The interviews can wait, your interviews are not selling any cars.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that feels this way. And I feel VERY strongly about this Europe mess. It's like they had a big rager of a party at a friend's house, and left tires tracks on the front lawn, beer bottles and pizza on the floor, and an unconscious stripper in the parent's bedroom... and then hope to be invited back for dinner next week.

I FINALLY grasp to what extent image is important for Cadillac, and just how long it takes to cultivate... are they going to wait until they are opening dealerships in London, Paris, Berlin, etc, to start teaching people what their brand is?

Why am I convinced that the Mustang will be well-received in Europe and other parts of the world? Because it has a huge following, and a very strong brand. Pretty amazing for a brand that has never officially existed there! EVERY European country has at least one Mustang club, if not many. No. Cadillac can't and won't have fan clubs waiting with deposits in hand, but that's not the point. But they should be cleaning up their current silly mess and starting already to get their name on people's minds.

While today is too early, why not be planning to host some upscale events, not with the goal of selling, but the goal of spreading the Cadillac name and image? Make contacts at the VIP lounges of international airports, and arrange to pick rich and famous people up at their US destination in a Cadillac of their choice. Start building and training future dealers on the 'Cadillac Way'.

De Nysschen appears to be good at the media end of things... I mean some here at GMi wet themselves with pleasure when he took time to personally get involved with one guys ATS problems. Fine, good learning experience, but isn't that what the GM rep here was doing? In between surfing GMi and using white-out on the 2015 CTS price labels, I really hope that he's backing up about 50 steps to get a real whole-picture idea of the global future of Cadillac.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
GM European report:
Chevrolet - fail
Saab - fail
Cadillac - fail
GM/Fiat - fail
Opel - TBC
There were no serious bidders for Hummer and SAAB. Maybe if Cadillac belonged to any other corporation, it would be at least present globally in an acceptable way. Infiniti and Lexus are far from being successful in Europe. But their owners don't make childish decisions, their dealerships are good looking and can be found everywhere (not just 'selected' markets as GM calls countries where Cadillac are sold), they have diesel engines, advertising, convertibles, RHD etc. What they do not have are attractive products and daily interviews about their plans which as GolfBravo said don't sell cars.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts