GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
What about when you never live in a country? What qualifies you to be so knowledgeable about America? You think you understand America while never having lived in it? I have more of an understanding of England than you'll ever have of America.

Small problem. I'm not British. I'm AMERICAN. Which proves that once again, you do not understand us.
OK, Mr Pot, whatever you say. It was you who made an issue out of your dual nationality to lend credence to your argument. So now, you're not really British at all? Good, you cleared that up.

This is your pissing contest, not mine. I claim/claimed no intimate knowledge of the US other than two holiday trips and what I read in the news, see on the teev and in sites like this one. I can surely comment on what the posts reveal about the people who post them

My original post was to point out some - perhaps unconscious - oxymorons or hypocrisy vis-a-vis America and other quoted nations by some people who otherwise appear reasonably fair. Maybe they don't know better, because events in America are extraordinarily well reported and analysed in the outside world - far moreso than vice versa. And I can tell you that - I've seen it for myself.

I merely pointed out in response to your attack which assumed I had no inside knowledge of Britain, but you are from there so you do; that it turns out we are from that same country. So we're even on that score.

It's apparent there is a great deal of angst about Clarkson on GMi. This would like me getting upset at Larry King, or Leno, or Letterman, or Regis, or SNL. I'm not their intended audience, so I don't expect to 'get' them or for them to make me happy. (As a matter of fact I often find them pretty damn funny).

I rate Clarkson as infotainment. Even so, it's unwise to dismiss everything he says out of hand, because he is representing what other people think, even if they're too nice to tell you. GM wants to sell Cadillacs in Europe. Well, they and their fans better give a damn about what Europeans, including Clarkson and other opinion-informers, think.

People spitting venom about him should be pleased that he gave the CTS-V several thumbs up, and even recommended it ahead of the considerably more expensive class-leading sports sedan M5! It impressed me that someone who has been so harsh about US cars could be so enthusiastic and has altered my perception positveily of the CTS.

It would have been very easy for him to just say 'well it goes OK, but it's another typical American POS'. Instead he gave it a ringing endorsement. Isn't that cause for GMophiles to be pleased?

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
That is a bad headline. Many people in the US never heard of J. C. The few Americans who know who he is could care less what he thinks. Nobody needs j.c. to validate anything they drive.
I dont know him from a hole in the ground, BUT reading htis review solidifies the news theat I heard of the CTS-v being a REAL player. Good read

·
Registered
194 Posts
Because 556 hp will put a SEG on the crustiest old fart.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
What about when you never live in a country? What qualifies you to be so knowledgeable about America? You think you understand America while never having lived in it? I have more of an understanding of England than you'll ever have of America.
Best post ever. :clap:

Still waiting for an American performance sedan with AWD.
As am I.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.