GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember the robot from the Super Bowl? This is what it should have been.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Remember the robot from the Super Bowl? This is what it should have been.
When I saw this spot on tv I actually thought it was a Honda commercial, and after I saw it was for the Malibu, I couldn't believe it was a Chevy ad!!! FINALLY a decent ad from Chevy!

And I thought the same thing: Why wasn't this commercial used in the Super Bowl?

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
I saw that one the first time tonight! Really good ad.

This one's even better!

Now if GM could manage to advertise something IN ADDITION to Malibu...
You weren't watching USA were you? Law and Order? Or it might've been House...
And GM's advertising is working quite well. I suddenly have a odd desire to drive my '07 Malibu right back to Jeff Wyler Pontiac-Buick-Chevrolet and demand an '08 in its place.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I couldn't find the assembly line commercial on Youtube, if someone can find it will you please post it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
This one has been around for a bit now...but there's another I really like, and can't find online:

-Clay model of a new Silverado in a dealer showroom, and the guy looks at it and starts carving...to end up with a new Malibu. Love this one, and gives a direct tie to the "great trucks" image of GM and Chevrolet.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I've only seen this one on here somewhere else. I think it was on here, I know I saw it on the web and thought "gee, what a good commercial." And I have seen the Tahoe to Malibu one a few times on TV, that one is decent. I have not seen the Assembly Line one you guys are talking about. :( Finally GM is getting some decent commercials for their products, well for one of their products so far. It's a sad fact that they have to have good ads to beat the competition. People that are not real car people like most of us here, will buy anything based on a good ad, or whatever Consumer Reports tells them to. That's part of the reason Gm's in the sad state they're in, but there is hope...:yup:

·
Super Moderator
21,213 Posts
The assembly line one's pretty good, it starts out all noisy and stuff, and all the parts are being installed into the Malibu, then they seal up the car and put the windshield on and then it's dead quiet.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The assembly line one's pretty good, it starts out all noisy and stuff, and all the parts are being installed into the Malibu, then they seal up the car and put the windshield on and then it's dead quiet.
A friend told me about that one and he is not a fan of Chevrolet. He likes Honda and said that was better than anything he has seen from them regarding the new Accord.

Kudos to GM, this is a great commercial. I can only hope it gets some airtime.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Wow!! I never saw that, that is AMAZING!! I saw something like this, but it was just the Malibu being put together, and you heard the noise of the plant with air guns wizzing and tools clanging. Then they put the interior together, they close the doors, and the noise goes away.
PERFECT!! Damn what took GM soo long!! Better the flying Malibu commercials.

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Add one more to the din and cacophony of wild rousing cheers.
This one is off the charts.
Kudos GM.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.