GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
I. Want. One.

My next car was going to be a GM, but I am really getting pulled by the fiesta. It does speak volumes however, that I am not considering an import model (I'm a huge supporter of buying American -IF- the price, quality, and style matches their competition. In this case, they do-for the first time in a long time).

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
well, there are other Fords I desire more.
This one here isn't my favourite, but look at those headlights! Compare them to those cheapo ones we saw on new Cobalt.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
well, there are other Fords I desire more.
This one here isn't my favourite, but look at those headlights! Compare them to those cheapo ones we saw on new Cobalt.
I can guarantee you that the base model will NOT Have projectors - projectors may not even be offered in US ... in EU the Fiesta is available in top-trim at the level of about $22k with keyless entry, HID headlamps and what not - that level of equipment will most likely not come to US (it might though).

In EU and US the base model has/will have reflector headlamps instead of the projectors.

Igor

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can guarantee you that the base model will NOT Have projectors - projectors may not even be offered in US ... in EU the Fiesta is available in top-trim at the level of about $22k with keyless entry, HID headlamps and what not - that level of equipment will most likely not come to US (it might though).

In EU and US the base model has/will have reflector headlamps instead of the projectors.

Igor
Well I would not really expect american Fords to get HID in the first place that is more Lincoln territory. Though the Mustang can get them, but thats a special case. And lincoln's should come standard with them, I dont even know if the MkZ comes with them in any form. I hope they come standard with the redesign. I mean the Caddy Escalade has an option on the Platnium that makes all the lights in the headlight HID and they look cool.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Well I would not really expect american Fords to get HID in the first place that is more Lincoln territory. Though the Mustang can get them, but thats a special case. And lincoln's should come standard with them, I dont even know if the MkZ comes with them in any form. I hope they come standard with the redesign. I mean the Caddy Escalade has an option on the Platnium that makes all the lights in the headlight HID and they look cool.
well.. I do expect HID's on the new Taurus and even the Fusion - they are a nice option to have - but a $22k subcompact is still a rarity in the US and Ford might not have the balls to compete with the MINI on feature content and luxury - unlike the Fiesta, the MINI was built ground up for its $18k - $35k price point (despite its small size) - Fiesta is and always will be your regular subcompact - starting under $14k.

Igor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts