GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chrysler Group LLC Reports November 2014 U.S. Sales Increased 20 Percent; Best November Sales Since 2001.
FCA
December 2, 2014

Auburn Hills, Mich. - Chrysler Group LLC today reported U.S. sales of 170,839 units, a 20 percent increase compared with sales in November 2013 (142,275 units), and the group’s best November sales since 2001.

The Chrysler, Jeep®, Dodge, Ram Truck and FIAT brands each posted year-over-year sales gains in November compared with the same month a year ago. The Ram Truck brand’s 31 percent increase was the largest sales gain of any Chrysler Group brand and the brand’s best November sales since 2003. The group extended its streak of year-over-year sales gains to 56-consecutive months.

“Sales of our all-new Chrysler 200 sedan were up a strong 155 percent in November, helping Chrysler Group to achieve its 56th-consecutive month of year-over-year sales gains,” said Reid Bigland, Head of U.S. Sales. “In total we had 11 vehicles last month that set new sales records. Calendar year to date, Chrysler Group remains the fastest growing automaker in the country.”

Eleven Chrysler Group vehicles set records in the month of November. The Dodge Dart, Ram ProMaster and Ram Cargo Van each recorded their best ever monthly sales. In addition, the all-new Jeep Cherokee, Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Patriot, Chrysler 200, Dodge Challenger, Dodge Journey, Fiat 500L, and Ram pickup truck logged their best ever November sales. Sales of the Chrysler 200 mid-size sedan were up 155 percent in November, the mid-size sedan’s best monthly sales this year. The Ram Truck and Chrysler brands recorded the largest percentage sales gains of Chrysler Group brands in November.

Chrysler Group finished the month of November with a 80 days supply of inventory (549,086 units). U.S. industry sales figures for November are internally projected at an estimated 17.5 million units Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate (SAAR).

Sales data available at link.

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts
And they continue to roll! Good for them!

While most of FIATSLER's products are not my cup of tea, there's no denying that the current crop of vehicles have wide appeal.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And they continue to roll! Good for them!

While most of FIATSLER's products are not my cup of tea, there's no denying that the current crop of vehicles have wide appeal.
Agreed.

I see tons of their newer products on a daily basis. And they range from compact cars to full size trucks, too. They're offering what people want, and people are buying their cars because of it. Good for them.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Most Chrysler products offer solid value for dollar, unlike many new GM vehicles. GM trumpets its huge monthly ATP increases like a badge of honor when in effect they're somewhat extorting their own loyal customers.

My boss/friend picks up his second new Ram 1500 4x4 tomorrow after 3 straight Chevy trucks. Even with his GM Card earnings & huge incentives Chevy couldn't compete on price & content versus the Ram. 390HP Hemi 8spd Big Horn for less then an All Star package Silvy with less power & gears. It's a no brainer.

Reactions: CJH and JBsZ06

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Man, Jeep is on FIRE!

An excellent month overall for FCA IMHO.

Hey GM, still nothing to fight this?

That reminds me that I need to take my mother's( just like that one in the picture) for maintenance. I want to test drive a diesel.

·
Super Moderator
2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS - 6M w/LS3
4,299 Posts
Most Chrysler products offer solid value for dollar, unlike many new GM vehicles. GM trumpets its huge monthly ATP increases like a badge of honor when in effect they're somewhat extorting their own loyal customers.
I normally agree with 80% of your posts, but how is it "somewhat" extortion? No one is forcing anybody to buy a GM car, so it's not like there's any coercion involved.

If you don't think a car offers enough value for the asking price, buy something else.

Reactions: impala02

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
I normally agree with 80% of your posts, but how is it "somewhat" extortion? No one is forcing anybody to buy a GM car, so it's not like there's any coercion involved.

If you don't think a car offers enough value for the asking price, buy something else.
Yeah, based on market share that seems to be a popular choice... but seriously while there is no coercion involved delivering value isn't really GM's message to customers.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts

You are correct, extortion is too extreme of a term but nonetheless I feel frustrated by the ever increasing GM MSRP's versus overall packaging value, especially in their trucks.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Did anyone Catch the 24 units of Alfa Romeo's 4C sold (Half of the Vipers Sold for Nov.) and The Dart finally breaking 9K?. Dodge will soon be getting better with the Standard Chargers just arriving in Dealers.

·
Registered
15,633 Posts
Another series of mind boggling numbers around the unit count is .... and remember, this is all with regard to last year's excellent volume results and the year before and the etc.

For ( N0V14 ) YTD, Chrysler / Fiat Chrysler / FCA accounts for 33.3 / 34.1 % of the entire industry volume increase depending on how you wish to do the count.

For the month, they are 50.3 / 50.4 % of the unit volume improvement.

Wow - just......

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Fight what? Something that should have never warn the Jeep name to begin with. Sure sales numbers are probably good but.....

A Grand Cherokee should never have worn the Jeep name to begin with?

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
But... what?

You're probably confusing it with the Cherokee:

I bought a Cherokee Trailhawk back in May. Nice vehicle. Great ride, really nice interior. 9K trouble-free miles so far, only returning to the dealer for an oil change.

I'm probably the typical Jeep conquest buyer. I never bought any sort of SUV before, but had been considering a Terrain. Preferred the Cherokee; I like the "controversial" styling. It's only been on pavement and that may never change (although I could see taking it on the beach at some point). I just wanted a more practical vehicle than the usual coupes that I buy.

I don't get the "shouldn't be called a Jeep thing," which I've read here and other places. Why exactly? Are all the reviews that have praised the off-road capability (which granted, I may never use) of the Cherokee just making it up? Is it because it uses a modified Alfa platform? Who cares? From all reports it's a really capable off-roader and I can tell you from a fair amount of time behind the wheel that it's a pleasure to drive every day and on long trips. Is it the rounded styling? Should Jeep sell only square boxes?

Reactions: Envoy4Life
1 - 20 of 30 Posts