GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
Isn't the SVT team gone away? I thought they closed that group a few years ago....

Why would you put all that cladding on? Everyone has already seen the next truck- it's no surprise anymore. Driving a truck looking like that is gonna do nothing but attract attention.

·
Premium Member
8,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't the SVT team gone away? I thought they closed that group a few years ago....

Why would you put all that cladding on? Everyone has already seen the next truck- it's no surprise anymore. Driving a truck looking like that is gonna do nothing but attract attention.
No!!!! the GT500 and GT500KR are both SVT products. SVT is far from dead.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
My bad! I thought I heard that....
people proclaimed it dead when its boss retires in 2004 (and Lightning, SVT Focus, and Adrenaline got canned). It was very close to death in 2005 when Fields came in - he wanted to focus on mainstream cars that actually sell, and do performance the mainstream way - on the line - not the SVT way: skunk works.
However he quickly found out the value in SVT, and by mid-2006 SVT was officially safe and on the way back.

As pointed above they worked on GT, GT500, and GT500KR - but those were not allowed to be officially SVT products. However an SVT truck and Mustang has been rumored for a LONG time - the Raptor will be the Truck - BOSS will be the Mustang.

Cars will probably be less likely to get SVT models - they will get less extreme ST models built on the line - but SVT cars might happen if there is demand.

Igor

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I still think its cool as hell! And SVT has always made cool stuff anyway! Hopefully this SVT "raptor" will spawn the SVT Lightning.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Cars will probably be less likely to get SVT models - they will get less extreme ST models built on the line - but SVT cars might happen if there is demand. Igor
I can't waitto see a SVT badge on future Ford products!! Long Live SVT!!! :cool::cool:

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
I still think its cool as hell! And SVT has always made cool stuff anyway! Hopefully this SVT "raptor" will spawn the SVT Lightning.
I hope so too I like the Raptor but I wish the Lightning would make a comeback I always liked that model alot I also wonder where Brian Williams shoots his photos. I know its in Michigan but where in Michigan I've always wondered about that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts