GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At long last Ford finally announced the EPA-estimated fuel economy ratings for the F-150 pickup equipped with the 2.7-liter EcoBoost engine and a six-speed automatic transmission. The new, aluminum-bodied pickup has been rated at 19 mpg City, 26 mpg Highway and 22 mpg Combined.

The Ram 1500 3.0-liter EcoDiesel is rated at 20 mpg City, 28 mpg Highway, 23 mpg Combined. The same truck with the Pentastar 3.6-liter V6 is rated at 17 mpg City 25 mpg Highway and 20 mpg Combined.

The Ford F-150 XL carries a MSRP of $26,215 plus $1,195 destination charges; the Ram’s price for a V6 Tradesman is $25,060.
http://www.allpar.com/news/index.php/2014/11/f-150-economy-falls-short-of-ram-diesel

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Nice use of manipulating the numbers!

Quote an EcoDiesel's economy, at a Tradesman V6 price.

In all honesty I did the math 2 years ago. Personally I bought a 5.0L Ford rather than paying $1750 more for the 3.5L EcoBoost at the time. If there was a 2.7L EcoBoost at the time that would do everything that the 5.0L would do and save fuel, I would have purchased it.

It's C.A.F.E. people, and we will all have to do more with less. The $$$$'s out of pocket is what will matter most.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.