1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Loved the big ole Impala SS!!

·
Super Moderator
14,201 Posts
Just imagine if they kept the B-body going with an LS1 as planned.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
I always felt that car was a lot like my favorite Impala, the '67 Fastback!

My Dad had one in gold like this back when I was still in diapers! I grew up loving that car, had some of the old snapshots they took hanging on my wall through High School. Honestly, it was the only Chevy I ever truly loved!!!

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I always felt that car was a lot like my favorite Impala, the '67 Fastback!

My Dad had one in gold like this back when I was still in diapers! I grew up loving that car, had some of the old snapshots they took hanging on my wall through High School. Honestly, it was the only Chevy I ever truly loved!!!
My uncle in had a blue '67 fastback SS with the rare floor gauge cluster when I was 16. I knew at that age how great the car was, and told him if he ever sells the car, let me know and I would buy it. And of course, the next summer I went to visit, and he had sold it.....grumble

·
Premium Member
News Contributor
5,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just imagine if they kept the B-body going with an LS1 as planned.
I have always wondered how the Caprice/Impala would have evolved into a next-gen. Though in essence, the 2006 to current Holden/Chevrolet Caprice is the modern day successor.

From my understanding, the B-Body cars were still really good sellers, but GM needed extra capacity from that factory for the higher profit SUVs.

I just found this 1994 Car and Driver review.

·
Registered
119 Posts
My father had a 1965 Impala 2dr hardtop...beautiful car in its day!

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
My uncle in had a blue '67 fastback SS witH the rare floor gauge cluster when I was 16. I knew at that age how great the car was, and told him if he ever sells the car, let me know and I would buy it. And of course, the next summer I went to visit, and he had sold it.....grumble
Mine was snow white...originally a 327. That changed soon enough, and it was my first and last Chev.

My father had a 1965 Impala 2dr hardtop...beautiful car in its day!
My dad used to argue that his Burgundy '65 was nicer than my White '67. I disagreed. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts