GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or is this one of the slowest model year turnovers in recent memory? Usually all the new models are in the dealerships and on the main website between July and September 30th, but it's almost Halloween and the main Cadillac website is still showing the 2014 XTS, SRX, ELR, ATS Sedan and CTS (despite the fact that 2015 CTS's with the new logo have been seen in the wild). I have seen 2015 new-logo ATS sedans at my dealer, but not on the website.

On the other hand, the 2015 Escalade which is in the middle of a long middle year (year and a half really) just introduced a running change to the looks...now with the new logo, despite still being a 2015. I'm not sure that a rolling exterior change like that has ever happened in the middle of a model year.

·
Registered
271 Posts
The majority of 2015s are up on the website. They just haven't gotten around to making them the default pages when clicking on all the different models yet. If you look up a model that still goes to 2014 just look at the top left of that page below the model name and there should be a button that takes you to the 2015 model.

·
Registered
21,375 Posts
Inventory my friend, as in excess...............

GM had 6 months worth of 2014 MY ATS and CTS at the end of July, instead of 'selling out", GM was "stocking up" SOP was on time, but slowed several times and idled for 3 weeks starting August 18th.

The ELR is really a slow-roll, as in not at all, again inventory..............

I rolled through a Caddy dealer a couple weeks ago, the myriad of grille logos almost tilted my OCD.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
Here it is almost November and I have yet to see more than one fleeting glimpse of an Escalade. I have seen more Colorados and Canyons. The Cruze also seemed to take forever although with it's lame de-contenting and odd front end they probably would have been smarter just keeping the 2014 out a while longer anyway.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
4 letters C.A.F.E. We can put some within 2014 guidelines. The rest will have to fit 2015 Guidelines. Then we have to meet the guidelines.

So let me ask you. Do you really need a V6 NOX? Do you really need a 6.2L in the Silverado?

Manufacture's will have to meet "Average Fuel Economy Ratings" so the more Spark sale's will mean more Silverado sales. "Corporate" is the most important letter. An overall Average.

It's not just about "Stamping" one as a 15 or a 14. It is about "Playing within the New Rules."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts