GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bashed as a gargantuan gas hog, dubbed the "Ford Valdez" by environmentalists and derided as a menace to motorists driving anything smaller than a semi-truck, the Ford Excursion SUV was condemned to the scrap heap at the end of 2004 model year.

But thanks to sales incentives, a more fuel-efficient diesel engine and a core of loyal customers, Ford Motor Co. may be ready to offer the Excursion a temporary reprieve.

"Since there continues to be a viable market for the product, we are taking a second look at its production schedule," Ford spokeswoman Susan Krusel said.

It's likely Ford will continue to build the Excursion -- launched in 2000 -- for the 2005 and 2006 model year and then introduce a longer version of the current Expedition SUV.

Full Story HERE

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
DAMMIT!!! *slams down fist*

·
Registered
31 Posts
The suburban is the suburban
#1 on it's class
does any other truck is better than that???

Well There is one, the Escalade ESV but is tha same thing than a suburban :plasma:

·
Registered
20 Posts
A buddy of mine owns a 02MY Excursion 4X4 w/the Powerstroke, he put a air box on it and a chip and the damn thing gets 21 to 23 mpg while doing 70-80 mph.. Damn comfortable to ride in on some of our 10 hour trips we have taken.

With the new 6.0 Powerstroke, should do even better.

By the way, if you know any Sierra club members find out were they photographed the cool junk yard that guy is climbing on, I wanna check it out!! LOL!!!! Then give them the bird and tell them to focus their energy on countries that polute 10x's worse then the U.S. that are taking away the jobs from the steel industry. Sorry, had to vent there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's 12 yards long, and 2 lanes wide, it's 65 tons of American pride Canyonarooooooooo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts