GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Re: Great new video of 2010 Camaro on German roads and in testing

OMG! Most beautiful sound and video I've seen yet. Screw V6's and twin turbos, you can NEVER replace the sound of a pushrod V8. And I could recognize that sound anywhere, that's a 6.2 (LS3) V8. I can't imagine what it would be like on the straights at the 'Ring. Simply Awesome.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Good find! And definitely the most revealing media on the Camaro so far. At times it doesn't sound like much but then you hear him get on the gas and it sounds like pure american muscle :)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
That is awesome...it really is. I cannot wait till they hit dealers in less then year.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like a great V8 and a stick. One of the times when pulling out on the street you saw it roll back with the clutch in. Great video!

·
Registered
471 Posts
Wow thanks for sharing. It was good to see a long clip for a change. Man, that beast just sticks to the pavement. You know every time I see this car I see something new I like better than the last time.

This car is just going to be downright NASTY!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
The Porsche passed the Camaro with ease on the turn.
And the Corolla passed the Porsche that stopped to fuel up. What's your point?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The Porsche passed the Camaro with ease on the turn.
I would hope that a Porsche could pass a Camaro on a turn.... American Muscle isn't about hugging the curves, it's about "balls to the walls" off the line and leaving you in the dust on a straight away.

You want a car that can keep up with or pass a Porsche in the turns, then upgrade to the Corvette.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
That baby is just plain sick.!! It's sex on wheels.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Anyone catch the G8 GXP in the video? You have to be quick, but there is one that comes up a couple of times.
Yes, it was at the beginning of the video as well at the gas station. I didn't spy any GXP badges (I'm sure the mules wouldn't have them anyway) and the wheels don't look like those on the concept but a different type of split spoke wheel. Since it was black as well it was hard for me to see if it had the GXP front end on it as well.

Points of interest....

Snowflakes flying in the beginning? Jeesh, sounds like Canada. (Yes I know it's Germany)

Exhaust note, very deep, dare I say TOO deep??? Probably just me. Maybe I need to hear some WOT runs.

Did anyone else get a weird Monte Carlo SS (circa 84-87) front end vibe during the video? That isn't necessarily a bad thing as I really liked the 84-87 Monte SS's when they were out.

Fun to watch. Can't wait to see the Camaro in some exciting color, unlike many black puts me to sleep. ;)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts