GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GT-R: 0-100mph = 8.9, 100-0 = 4.3, accel to brake reaction time = 0.6
Z06: 0-100mph = 8.5, 100-0 = 4.5, accel to brake reaction time = 1.0

They also said the Z06 was accelerating faster past 100.

That's pretty impressive considering the ZO6's tires aren't as good and it's a full three years older.

·
Premium Member
34,836 Posts

That's pretty impressive considering the ZO6's tires aren't as good and it's a full three years older.
I KNEW IT!!!
Link please

·
Registered
4,478 Posts

I believe the Z06 is also lighter and has more horsepower, so it's impressive the GT-R is able to stay so close to it.

·
Premium Member
34,836 Posts
Corvette Z06 has lapped the Nurburgring Nordschleife in just 7min 43sec, the same as a GT3 RS, according to reports. How fast is the GT-R?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The GT-R did it in 7:38.54, a few seconds ahead of the Z06(7:42.9). Not big deal, the are both extermely badass supercars, that have almost the same performance specs, I would be glad to have either one!

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
The GT-R did it in 7:38.54, a few seconds ahead of the Z06(7:42.9). Not big deal, the are both extermely badass supercars, that have almost the same performance specs, I would be glad to have either one!

I look forward to track comparision tests here with production vehicles ...

Somehow...and I could be wrong...I just don't believe the "ring" times we keep hearing about ...

I fully expected the corvette to outperform this new GTR.. but then I'm biased. Hell I think the base coupe will equal the GTR times.. or dam close anyway.

Like I said..just an opinion..

Thanks for the heads up.

JB

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Somehow...and I could be wrong...I just don't believe the "ring" times we keep hearing about ...

JB
Netiher do I. I keep hearing conflicting reports about that time not being a full lap, a running start etc etc...

Z06 is already King, with the ZR-1 being a God. No one can really deny that.

·
Registered
95 Posts
"Z06 faster than GTR"

... in a straight line.

It's very likely that we'll soon be seeing the GT-R turning significantly quicker roadcourse lap times than the Z06. Yes, on US tracks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would like to see the times on a road course. What matters more the AWD of the GTR or the torque of the ZO6? I love that the Corvette is finally getting the respect it deserves the last ten years or so. The GTR seems to be cut from the same mold. World beater performance at a relatively cheap price period(for what you are getting) and much less compared to other super cars. Can't wait to see how this new entrant into the supercar market holds up against the best.

·
Premium Member
34,836 Posts
"Z06 faster than GTR"

... in a straight line.

It's very likely that we'll soon be seeing the GT-R turning significantly quicker roadcourse lap times than the Z06. Yes, on US tracks.
Oh Please, like we do not know that the Z06 is an outstanding track car.

The GT-R is an eNanny Car, for the track.. you sit there and the eNanny does her thing.
The Z06 is a drivers car.

·
Registered
185 Posts

The GT-R is an eNanny Car, for the track.. you sit there and the eNanny does her thing.
I agree...especially with the new suspension changes in the current Z06 from the original C6 Z06, the car does great at the track. Just look at the results from the test done at VIR with the Porsche GT getting beat by a standard C6! :drive:

·
Premium Member
34,836 Posts
I agree...especially with the new suspension changes in the current Z06 from the original C6 Z06, the car does great at the track. Just look at the results from the test done at VIR with the Porsche GT getting beat by a standard C6! :drive:
Link please to be credible

·
Registered
95 Posts

What is this nanny you keep bringing up?

Have you ever driven on a track?

·
Registered
6,830 Posts
for the *average* driver the GTR is the superior car at the track, but if you have Guru Race drivers that are professionals...everytime:

Corvette Z06>>>>>>>>>>GTR.

GTR has all those happy go lucky correction grandma can drive it sweet systems. Corvette is much 'harder' to drive at 'limit'. But great drivers in both puts the vette ahead. GTR is like 'dumb-free driving'

CobaltSS

1 - 20 of 122 Posts