GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Nice, these are the first small cars I actually like from a domestic. Now here's hoping its not watered down.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
Nice, these are the first small cars I actually like from a domestic. Now here's hoping its not watered down.
Worldwide, a Focus sold in the US will be no different than one sold in the UK or China.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
Worldwide, a Focus sold in the US will be no different than one sold in the UK or China.
So we will get a Diesel engine, that new transmission Ford is making a big deal about, push button start, navigation system, auto climate controls, etc? Or will it be like the Astra? No sedan, no Diesel, and no advanced features.

·
Registered
13,043 Posts
So we will get a Diesel engine, that new transmission Ford is making a big deal about, push button start, navigation system, auto climate controls, etc? Or will it be like the Astra? No sedan, no Diesel, and no advanced features.
All are possibilities.

It depends how the US car market looks in 2 years. Ford will be Focuses with diesels, push button start, navi, and ACC here in the US for export, and if research shows buyers are willing to pay, they'll sell them here.

Focus will at LEAST get a 6-speed automatic and DI, according to Ford.

Consumers are already sticker-shocked with the Astra they're selling now... jacking the price won't help.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
All are possibilities.

It depends how the US car market looks in 2 years. Ford will be Focuses with diesels, push button start, navi, and ACC here in the US for export, and if research shows buyers are willing to pay, they'll sell them here.

Focus will at LEAST get a 6-speed automatic and DI, according to Ford.

Consumers are already sticker-shocked with the Astra they're selling now... jacking the price won't help.
Well I am not asking for them to jack up the prices, but make this equipment optional on the higher trims (For both the Astra and Focus). Look at the Mazda 3, except for the Diesel engine it comes with all the options I mentioned. If they are going to build them here in the US for export I don't see the problem with offering this equipment optional for US/Canadian customers. At any rate at least the next Focus will be better than what we have now.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
The Fusion is going to look very out of place between the Fiesta/Focus and the Superman Taurus.
I dont know remember the refreshed fusion will arrive soon

·
Registered
189 Posts
I hope they offer the Ka here in the States as well.

and not an "americanized" (no stick, no small engine) version of it either.

·
Registered
264 Posts
2 years? 2 freaking years? The Euro Focus was gonna be here in two years ANYWAY!

There is no reason Production can't be shifted NOW!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts