GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Premium Member
37,000 Posts
They don't have the electrical capacity to run heaters in the winter or air conditioning in the summer. How are they going to charge all the electric cars?
Fairy Dust, promises, speeches, grandstanding, making up stuff, having grandiose delusions. All those things generate incredible amounts of (imaginary) electricity! Just you wait! 👽

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Have you met the U.S. federal Government??

They enact a simple scenario, like creating a toll to pay for road construction... they achieve that... then continue the toll for another 50 or 75 years (no one knows- no tolls have ever been discontinued). Big Gov't doesn't have any remote idea what 'reaching a goal' is.
I am not aware of a single toll road under the control of the US Federal Government. The Federal Government supports roads and highways through the Federal gasoline tax that you pay when you purchase fuel. It is the states that charge tolls on bridges, roads, and highways.

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Maybe Earth nurtured conditions for humans to evolve to a point where we as humans would create internal combustion engines that used refined oil to increase Co2 levels in the atmosphere for a purpose we are not yet aware of.
We were told about peak oil, that never happened, the oceans we’re supposed to rise, but beach property prices went up and NASA, Airforce, Space force , Navy are all expanding their ocean front space ports…

Now, I was awaiting NASA’s move to Wyoming and Colorado due to rising oceans…

Jeez, should I buy something in Wyoming so that I will be a beach cottage owner next to wide eyed AOC?

·
Registered
301 Posts
We were told about peak oil, that never happened, the oceans we’re supposed to rise, but beach property prices went up and NASA, Airforce, Space force , Navy are all expanding their ocean front space ports…

Now, I was awaiting NASA’s move to Wyoming and Colorado due to rising oceans…

Jeez, should I buy something in Wyoming so that I will be a beach cottage owner next to wide eyed AOC?
Queensland last month..
Water Cloud Sky Tree Natural landscape

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
A floodplain
So mistaken.

In my state, residents near the Gulf Coast are now being evacuated because homes that they moved intro 40 years ago are now perpetually underwater. It is not only my home state and it is not only in the United States. Within the United States, numerous Government agencies at the state and Federal level are working like Trojans to address the effects of global climate change. One major consequence of global climate change is rising sea levels. The US Department of Defense has numerous military bases on the coasts of the US and other nations around the globe. These bases will be submerged by rising sea levels in just a few decades. If the Pentagon cannot find ways to stem the tide, then its endangered military bases will have to be moved.

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
So mistaken.

In my state, residents near the Gulf Coast are now being evacuated because homes that they moved intro 40 years ago are now perpetually underwater. It is not only my home state and it is not only in the United States. Within the United States, numerous Government agencies at the state and Federal level are working like Trojans to address the effects of global climate change. One major consequence of global climate change is rising sea levels. The US Department of Defense has numerous military bases on the coasts of the US and other nations around the globe. These bases will be submerged by rising sea levels in just a few decades. If the Pentagon cannot find ways to stem the tide, then its endangered military bases will have to be moved.
There is the Netherlands the US can learn from on reclaiming land from the Sea. perhaps we could even make more land

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Pure uninformed conjecture

In other words fake news - you don’t know what you’re taking about. Eg three record ‘one in a hundred year events’ in the last 4 months..

This on top of last years record bushfires, ie where rainforest which hasn’t burned for 1,000 years, did
That is what happens when you get your facts from talking heads. They're going to keep sticking their collective heads in the sand....or their bums....either way they will be on the wrong side of the future. Does your country politicize everything like ours, to the point where facts have a side (or as some people call them when they don't like what they hear, "alternative facts") and discussions shut down?

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Queensland last month..
View attachment 66429
You know the worst loss of life happened in June 1852 when massive flooding on the Murrumbidgee River swept away most of the town of Gundagai, leaving just three houses standing. Eighty-nine people were killed, more than third of the population. The town was later rebuilt on higher ground. I believe this was due to global cooling at the time before the climate council.

Worked well for New Orleans!

Oh, wait....
You certainly know the flood of 1849 as the most destructive flood known in New Orleans. A breach in the levee on the east bank of the Mississippi 18 miles above New Orleans did immense amount of damage, inundating the city for 48 days. Another flood the following year convinces the federal government to grant monies to build a continuous levee system that fell into disrepair following years of poor maintenance by successive (ahem).. a certain political party that represents the region....

Subsequent global cooling due to a reduction in miles driven in V8's caused concerns of a possible ice age in the 1970's prompting the echo kids of the 1980's to call for a concerted effort to increase sales and incentives of high displacement engines to families across the globe, despite looming peak oil according to 'the science' at the time, science deniers

But we do need to stop the cows from causing all those emissions...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I am still waiting for the climate zealots to tell us what the Earths temperature is supposed to be and what the climate is supposed to be, I want them to tell us what was the climate and temperature was in Oregon (where I live) when north America was part of Laurasia or do the climate zealots only believe climate change started when humans started using oil.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I am still waiting for the climate zealots to tell us what the Earths temperature is supposed to be and what the climate is supposed to be, I want them to tell us what was the climate and temperature was in Oregon (where I live) when north America was part of Laurasia or do the climate zealots only believe climate change started when humans started using oil.
Firstly, no one is saying what the Earth's temperature should be, just that as it warms, the ice will melt which adds to sea levels, that newly introduced fresh water changes the density and temperature of sea water which causes ocean currents slow, they stop transporting warmer temperatures from the Equator to the hemispheres which then cool since they only get heat from the sun. This is what caused the Ice Age. There are plenty of scientific papers you can read on this and what the temperature was in Oregon when the North American plate was part of Laurasia/Pangea...but would you believe them?

Climate change has always existed, no one has said that Humanity caused climate change, but we have affected it. To deny that the Industrial Age did not contribute to climate change is crazy. We've known that CO2 is a greenhouse gas for over 100 years (1856, by Eunice Foote). I don't understand the choice of not believing the science.

·
Premium Member
36,494 Posts
Firstly, no one is saying what the Earth's temperature should be, just that as it warms, the ice will melt which adds to sea levels, that newly introduced fresh water changes the density and temperature of sea water which causes ocean currents slow, they stop transporting warmer temperatures from the Equator to the hemispheres which then cool since they only get heat from the sun. This is what caused the Ice Age. There are plenty of scientific papers you can read on this and what the temperature was in Oregon when the North American plate was part of Laurasia/Pangea...but would you believe them?

Climate change has always existed, no one has said that Humanity caused climate change, but we have affected it. To deny that the Industrial Age did not contribute to climate change is crazy. We've known that CO2 is a greenhouse gas for over 100 years (1856, by Eunice Foote). I don't understand the choice of not believing the science.
I find it fascinating that this post quickly called someone a denier ‘of the science’ while at the same time admitting that global temperature has always fluctuated, simply based on 200 years of study for a planet that has been here for a really long time.

Now, perhaps some mistake climate politics as science. The two are separate issues. The politics of climate are the attempt to use a phenomenon we barely understand to bring about global political and economic control over humanity at the expense of the nation state and national sovereignty.

It might be political science, but it certainly not science In the traditional understanding of evidence based study of phenomena.

We still awaiting the coming ice age from the 1970’s climate studies.

·
Registered
7,060 Posts
Firstly, no one is saying what the Earth's temperature should be, just that as it warms, the ice will melt which adds to sea levels, that newly introduced fresh water changes the density and temperature of sea water which causes ocean currents slow, they stop transporting warmer temperatures from the Equator to the hemispheres which then cool since they only get heat from the sun. This is what caused the Ice Age.....
That's conflicting. The higher warmth melts the ice, making more water, disrupting the ocean currents (which, by the way are mostly driven by the Earth's rotation) which cools the higher latitudes, causing an ice age, which would make more ice form, reducing water levels, making less warmth. This sounds like a feedback loop.

In addition, another feedback loop: Clouds. When the planet heats up, melts more ice, creates more surface area of water. That plus the higher temps cause more evaporation, causing more general cloud cover, which does two things; lowers the amount of the sun's heat (reflected off the clouds) but these same clouds also hold in more heat from being radiated out into space. I'm not sure which side "wins" this battle.

The climate is an extremely complicated thing.

41 - 60 of 134 Posts