GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
This is a classic straw man argument. Nobody with the sense God gave red brick believes that you can eliminate CO2 production. The problem is that the Industrial Revolution brought on the creation of CO2 at rates too high for nature to compensate. As a result, atmospheric concentration of CO2 has skyrocketed.
Indeed. And the tired argument of - until we all do something, no one should do anything - is nothing more than the classic race to the bottom. Facile beyond belief

Always good to see these (ahem) internationally respected amateur-expert climatologists here on GMI 馃憤

Registered
View attachment 66423
I live with the straw binary alphabet they them he she we us cat people that like to destroy the environment
Cats in Australia kill over 2 billion wild animals each year.

In just one day, Australia鈥檚 millions of cats kill approximately 1.3 million birds, 1.8 million reptiles and over 3.1 million mammals

I totally HATE cats! 馃槧

Registered
Definitely. It's easy to say, "Zero? You can't reach zero!"

Of course you can't, but it doesn't matter. It's just like M. Barra's zero, zero, zero goal. Of course they are impossible goals to attain, but that doesn't mean they are a wrong idea. If you pick a goal of a certain reduction (50%, 25%, whatever) that IS achievable, once you reach it, you quit,. Because you've reached your goal.

If your goal is unachievable, it just becomes a "direction" to move in. And it never ends, because you always WANT to improve it, to get closer to zero.
Our previous, climate denier Conservative government (thankfully recently ousted) used to peddle the lie of 鈥渨e only generate 1.3% of the world鈥檚 CO2. But even if it was zero, with the gross polluters like China, India, US etc, it wouldn鈥檛 make any difference whatsoever to the overall emissions worldwide, not a scintilla.鈥

Excuse me, 1.3% is 1.3. it is not 0%. And cumulatively all of those smaller nations like ours with similar output becomes ~20% of total. Which IS significant.

In other words, everything contributes and you gotta start somewhere. Because in my country we are already witnessing the effects of climate change, just as science predicted, and yep it鈥檚 ugly

Registered
OMG!! I hate to tell you, but cats do what cats were designed by God to do. You know, like humans?
Cats are what's known as predators. I'm certain you learned that in sixth grade physics class. They're like wolves, sharks, many whales, many many fish species. And birds. And reptiles. Reptiles kill animals too!!! And mammals!! Mammals kill!! Do you hate all life on earth? If so, Muvver Earff will not be pleased with you. Because death is a way of life.

How many critters go to the slaughterhouse every year to feed hoomans? Do you hate hoomans? Take a slaughterhouse tour some time.

But thanks so much for your observations and insights! I had no idea you were so deep. :geek:

BTW, you forgot bugs. Cats kill bugs too. I've seen it happen. One of our cats terminated a fly just last night. It was horrible!! The blood! The gore!! The algore!!
Newsflash, Einstein. Cats don鈥檛 belong in our country. They are a recently introduced species. Like a noxious weed, ya know?

On second thought, given your record, no you probably don鈥檛.

Registered
We were told about peak oil, that never happened, the oceans we鈥檙e supposed to rise, but beach property prices went up and NASA, Airforce, Space force , Navy are all expanding their ocean front space ports鈥

Now, I was awaiting NASA鈥檚 move to Wyoming and Colorado due to rising oceans鈥

Jeez, should I buy something in Wyoming so that I will be a beach cottage owner next to wide eyed AOC?
Queensland last month..
Water Cloud Sky Tree Natural landscape

Registered
You know the worst loss of life happened in June 1852 when massive flooding on the Murrumbidgee River swept away most of the town of Gundagai, leaving just three houses standing. Eighty-nine people were killed, more than third of the population. The town was later rebuilt on higher ground. I believe this was due to global cooling at the time before the climate council.
Oooh you quickly GOOGLED up through your right-wing 鈥榦pinion pieces鈥 and now you鈥檝e become my effing local expert. Good work Sherlock!

I鈥檝e lived on the Murrumbidgee since 1972 but you suddenly know better, right? Well done little man!

Registered
Don't worry. That burn should stop hurting by tomorrow morning.
You really would have to think it鈥檚 mental illness? It鈥檚 too delusional not to be. Notice too the extreme levels of hatred, pointedly in this instance towards a prominent Doctor figure...

Clearly the individual feels impotent and frightened at his perceived loss of control over his existence, thus his attempt at reassurance through self identifying into a pack of similarly obsessed trumpian nutjobs

1 - 10 of 10 Posts