GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
They have no idea what they're getting into.

No worries. Der Fuhrer has his own private jet, no worries. Cheap jet fuel too. Yes we can!

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
They cannot achieve “100%” reduction on CO2 vehicle emissions as long as a single already-existing IC vehicle is still operating.

In the US, thats 275 million vehicles! Even if 100% of 2023 vehicle production was zero-emission, it’s still only 5% of all operating vehicles.

5% equal 100%.
I hate to tell you, but it's more than just ICE that create CO2. And if you desire zero CO2 production--a physical impossibility even with totalitarian bureaucrat assistance--nobody will be around to see the ice cinder that Muvver Earff has become.

Check Chyyynnnaaa's methods of power production. They like COAL! Imagine that! :rolleyes: They and India and the Rooskies and all the world's Bad Guys don't give a tinker's damn about CO2. But they're happy to watch Western Civilization destroy itself.

And CO2 is good, not bad. And if you think "warming" is bad, try out cooling for size. But we're in the middle of an 800 year warming trend, thank God, and Life Is Good. Until and if the totalitarians gain more control.

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
This is a classic straw man argument. Nobody with the sense God gave red brick believes that you can eliminate CO2 production. The problem is that the Industrial Revolution brought on the creation of CO2 at rates too high for nature to compensate. As a result, atmospheric concentration of CO2 has skyrocketed.
THANK YOU for your expert testimony! I am embarrassed and humbled, and I so stand corrected!! 🖖

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
Cats in Australia kill over 2 billion wild animals each year.

In just one day, Australia’s millions of cats kill approximately 1.3 million birds, 1.8 million reptiles and over 3.1 million mammals

I totally HATE cats! 😠
OMG!! I hate to tell you, but cats do what cats were designed by God to do. You know, like humans?
Cats are what's known as predators. I'm certain you learned that in sixth grade physics class. They're like wolves, sharks, many whales, many many fish species. And birds. And reptiles. Reptiles kill animals too!!! And mammals!! Mammals kill!! Do you hate all life on earth? If so, Muvver Earff will not be pleased with you. Because death is a way of life.

How many critters go to the slaughterhouse every year to feed hoomans? Do you hate hoomans? Take a slaughterhouse tour some time.

But thanks so much for your observations and insights! I had no idea you were so deep. :geek:

BTW, you forgot bugs. Cats kill bugs too. I've seen it happen. One of our cats terminated a fly just last night. It was horrible!! The blood! The gore!! The algore!!

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
Newsflash, Einstein. Cats don’t belong in our country. They are a recently introduced species. Like a noxious weed, ya know?

On second thought, given your record, no you probably don’t.
Well, they're there now. This not-native species introduction happens all over Muvver Earff. Sometimes it's not very good for the locals. Probably a few ship's cats got loose in Australia way back in sailing days.
Some idiots let their cute little "pet" pythons loose in the Everglades and that's not worked out so well.

So you never learned the difference between physics and biology? Explains a lot.
And you can't tell the difference between straight and satire? LOLZ.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
Maybe Earth nurtured conditions for humans to evolve to a point where we as humans would create internal combustion engines that used refined oil to increase Co2 levels in the atmosphere for a purpose we are not yet aware of.
OK, hiluxxulih, you're getting into complex thought and the spiritual realm here.

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
They don't have the electrical capacity to run heaters in the winter or air conditioning in the summer. How are they going to charge all the electric cars?
Fairy Dust, promises, speeches, grandstanding, making up stuff, having grandiose delusions. All those things generate incredible amounts of (imaginary) electricity! Just you wait! 👽

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
Just give up your V8 and charge your cars for a long-time using wind power. Then vote to take more yobs to southeast Asia to end racism and save the whales, not from the Japanese whalers, but from your V8, you. Then all will be well, as long you keep the orange man away.
I am working on a perpetually charged vehicle concept (PCVC for short!) which will consist of a windmill (specifically designed to kill eagles) on the roof, and a like totally yooj sail above that (like Cap'n Kidd's wooden ship!) which will consist of canvas solar panels that will keep the battery charging. So you'll have 3-way powah. Windmill charges the batteries, solar panels which charge the car and which will allow the vehicle to sail on down the road (though tacking into the wind might be a problem). Of course, this critter will require a small DIESEL quiet generator to extend the range beyond 200 mile--or, if you prefer, kilometers--limits of todayland.

I believe this concept has yooj merit, I would include a can of orange hair spray with every sale (or sail!!--see what I did there?) in order for people to Get The Spirit.

One minor drawback is these cars will be limited to wide open desert roads in Nevada, Utah, and other solar-blessed western states since entangled canvas solar panels could prove to be a problem for some people.

Contact me if you'd like to be an investor in this yooj fershur money-making climate-curing scheme. I mean science. My company motto will be Yes We Can! Thank you for listening. :cool:🦄:p

Reactions: mbukukanyau

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
.....and started the whole "China" thing......
Actually you can thank Herr Doktorr Kissinger for the Chyyynnnaaa thing. I believe he convinced Nixon to make the gestures, have the talks, as if turning one pile of commie rats against another would ever work in the long run. Nixon was naive, Kissinger was Dr. Evil. That opened the doors to Chyyynnnaaa. BIG boobooo. This happened during the Cultural Revolution, a well-planned peaceful reshuffling of this and that in Chyyynnnaaa. And it set the stage for Jimmuh sticking a knife in Taiwan's back in 1979. But **** started the one chyynnnaaa policy. Nice work.

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
The EU might also declare that lithium is a hazardous material. This will likely cause a German lithium mine to close. The result will mean even more dependence on China.
😵Self destructive self-righteousness. I've stopped asking, "How is it possible for people to be this stupid?" They just are. The blind leading the blind, they both shall fall into the ditch.

Yes, land sublimation is a real thing and a serious problem in the Mississippi River flood plain below Baton Rouge. It is causes primarily by the levies on the west bank of the river that are intended to prevent the flooding of homes and businesses. For the most part, those levies did their job. However, those floods deposited new silt that compensated for the compaction of the existing soil. That is no longer being done except when the levies overtop.

As strange as it may seem, more than one thing can be true at the same time. The flooding of the Mississippi River coastsl delta is a tragedy for those who lived there, but it is a relatively minor tragedy in the grander scheme of things. After the levies in New Orleans breached following Hurricane Katrina, the East Bank of the Mississippi River flooded, most notably the Lower Ninth Ward of New Orleans. The Lower Ninth Ward is below sea level. Along much of the Mississippi's length, however, the elevation of the East Bank is higher than the elevation of the West Bank. However, we have recently seen massive floods on the East Bank north of New Orleans. Baton Rouge has been flooded. A few years ago, I had the opportunity to flew across the State of Mississippi beginning on the East Bank just north of Vicksburg. The Mississippi River had overflowed. For miles and miles, I saw no dry land. All land was covered in flood waters. Many homes were inundated in water up to their rafters.

It is going to get worse. Current predictions are that virtually all of our current coastal lands will be underwater by 2050. Because most of our major cities are either on the Coast or a coastal plain, this means that 10 millions of American residents will be forced to move on to new homes that are currently inland. If this happens, then the Mississippi River will become an inland sea that separates the US East from West. The fishermen displaced from their homes in the Mississippi River Delta will have a lot of company. The entire state will be under water--save one parish (county).
Disaster sells books, it sells papers. Algore went from one million net worth when he left office in 2001 to $300 million today. Wonder how that happened to a poor simple farm kid who was plowing the hillsides behind a mule when he was a young Jethro Bodine hick.

Here's a sample:

21. 2008: Arctic will Be Ice Free by 2018
22. 2008: Climate Genius Al Gore Predicts Ice-Free Arctic by 2013
23. 2009: Climate Genius Prince Charles Says we Have 96 Months to Save World
24. 2009: UK Prime Minister Says 50 Days to ‘Save The Planet From Catastrophe’
25. 2009: Climate Genius Al Gore Moves 2013 Prediction of Ice-Free Arctic to 2014
26. 2013: Arctic Ice-Free by 2015 (additional link)
27. 2014: Only 500 Days Before ‘Climate Chaos’
28. 1968: Overpopulation Will Spread Worldwide
29. 1970: World Will Use Up All its Natural Resources
30. 1966: Oil Gone in Ten Years
31. 1972: Oil Depleted in 20 Years
32. 1977: Department of Energy Says Oil will Peak in 1990s
33. 1980: Peak Oil In 2000
34. 1996: Peak Oil in 2020
35. 2002: Peak Oil in 2010

36. 2006: Super Hurricanes!
37. 2005 : Manhattan Underwater by 2015
38. 1970: Urban Citizens Will Require Gas Masks by 1985
39. 1970: Nitrogen buildup Will Make All Land Unusable
40. 1970: Decaying Pollution Will Kill all the Fish
41. 1970s: Killer Bees!

Update: I’ve added 9 additional failed predictions (via Real Climate Science) below to make it an even 50 for the number of failed eco-pocalyptic doomsday predictions over the last 50 years.

42. 1975: The Cooling World and a Drastic Decline in Food Production
43. 1969: Worldwide Plague, Overwhelming Pollution, Ecological Catastrophe, Virtual Collapse of UK by End of 20th Century
44. 1972: Pending Depletion and Shortages of Gold, Tin, Oil, Natural Gas, Copper, Aluminum
45. 1970: Oceans Dead in a Decade, US Water Rationing by 1974, Food Rationing by 1980
46. 1988: World’s Leading Climate Expert Predicts Lower Manhattan Underwater by 2018

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
So you think that recitation of facts is being played? This explains why you people never ever post links to governmental or academic scientific websites on climate change.
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:Scientific like Fauci?:alien::oops: You have a lot to learn about the dark side of humanity.

Reactions: eklauss

·
Premium Member
36,992 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts