GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
3,876 Posts

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
Seems to have an element of shadiness.

Tesla currently has a market cap of $740.6B with a share price of $759.60. A share price of $3k would give them a market cap of a hair under $3T. That doesn't seem reasonable... Then again, $741B doesn't seem reasonable either.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

Tesla currently has a market cap of $740.6B with a share price of $759.60. A share price of $3k would give them a market cap of a hair under $3T. That doesn't seem reasonable... Then again, $741B doesn't seem reasonable either.

I am by no means a financial expert - but the value of anything tangible is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Tesla has a VERY loyal following, and is a USA founded and based company. Whether you like Elon Musk or not - he is clearly a visionary and is highly thought of by his customers and fans.

GM / Ford / Stellantis / Toyota - and the rest, would not be playing electric vehicle catch-up now if it wasn’t for Tesla and Elon Musk.

Twenty years ago, who would have thought that you could order millions of products online, and have them placed on your door step in a day or so - often cheaper than the local stores?

I suspect that Tesla will be the first company to have true online ordering, and deliver the vehicle to the customer without a dealership or any other hassles. When this becomes widely accepted, that will also drive up the stock price.

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
I am by no means a financial expert - but the value of anything tangible is what someone is willing to pay for it.

Tesla has a VERY loyal following, and is a USA founded and based company. Whether you like Elon Musk or not - he is clearly a visionary and is highly thought of by his customers and fans.

GM / Ford / Stellantis / Toyota - and the rest, would not be playing electric vehicle catch-up now if it wasn’t for Tesla and Elon Musk.

Twenty years ago, who would have thought that you could order millions of products online, and have them placed on your door step in a day or so - often cheaper than the local stores?

I suspect that Tesla will be the first company to have true online ordering, and deliver the vehicle to the customer without a dealership or any other hassles. When this becomes widely accepted, that will also drive up the stock price.
I'm all for Tesla, the Musk is a visionary and has a lot of flair. But the mainstream auto makes are catching up in a big way as are a lot of new, fresh rivals. I think Tesla will survive, but at some point I expect their value to come down somewhat. My question to the people making the prediction is "what do you expect Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc. to be valued at when Tesla hits $3T?"

·
Registered
20,888 Posts
Anybody watch this Yahoo Video? This lady is crazy; says complete nonsense with a calm voice, people mistake that for knowledge and intelligence.

·
Registered
20,888 Posts
Europe:
Colorfulness Rectangle Slope Font Line

Reactions: BlackGTP

·
Premium Member
36,094 Posts
Anybody watch this Yahoo Video? This lady is crazy; says complete nonsense with a calm voice, people mistake that for knowledge and intelligence.
Not a member so I don't get to participate. Maybe I'll get a trophy anyway. But I'll take your word for it, Ed. Most of the ex perts I've seen in the last few years belong in straight jackets.

Ex pert, noun, adjective. Someone who has broad and deep competence.

alternative,
ex: a has-been
spurt: a drip under pressure.

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
18,616 Posts
She lost me when she said the lack of ICE sales was going to free up a lot of chips for BEV/Tesla.

·
Registered
20,888 Posts

·
Registered
20,888 Posts
She lost me when she said the lack of ICE sales was going to free up a lot of chips for BEV/Tesla.
Yeah I think that was a bit before the 2.2 million EV's last year, vs. 90 million ICE per year?.....

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
13,044 Posts
She's out of her mind if she thinks the other mfrs. cutting back will free up chips for Tesla. If there aren't many to be had, how does that leave Tesla to get more of what's NOT THERE woman?. She also says sales of EV's will be up 50% this next year, so half again what they sold this year. Hmmm, :unsure: BFD (IMO of course ;)).

·
Registered
268 Posts

Cathie is the opposite of shady. She publishes what she buys and sells.

Max any one fund can have in one stock is 30% by value.

If a stock rises and therefore compromises more than 30% of the fund value she sells to get back below 30%.

If that stock falls significantly she likely buys.

That is the "diversification" strategy of many funds.

It can also mean you are constantly selling your best stock.

·
Registered
20,888 Posts
Do you think she does that for your benefit or hers?.......

"I bought $PLTR yesturday" (please go buy/bid it up today)
"I sold $TDOC today" (please go sell it tomorrow, so it will go down and I can buy it back)

If a stock rises and therefore compromises more than 30% of the fund value she sells to get back below 30%.

Her fund consists of about 10% of $TSLA, not 30%.

·
Registered
18,616 Posts

Her goal is to make money, she makes money by the value of a stock increasing and selling it. She's trying to drive up the value of Tesla to make money for herself.

·
Registered
20,888 Posts
Her goal is to make money, she makes money by the value of a stock increasing and selling it. She's trying to drive up the value of Tesla to make money for herself.
She runs several ETF's, she makes money no matter what the stocks/stock prices do, her money is made on fund management fees, the better the funds does, the more likely people will put her money in her funds.

Ticker / Assets Under Management / Expense Ratio
  1. ARKK $22.61B 0.75%
  2. ARKG $8.52B 0.75%
  3. ARKW $5.89B 0.79%
  4. ARKF $3.77B 0.75%
  5. ARKQ $2.82B 0.75%
  6. ARKX $607.58M 0.75%
  7. PRNT $534.57M 0.66%
  8. IZRL $282.59M 0.49%

Reactions: BlackGTP
1 - 20 of 20 Posts